S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Blacked out Z
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy has a 91 S10 reg cab short box 2wd 2.5 5spd S10. he has ownded it since 50,000 it has 102,000 now. its got very nice rust on the bed on the doors on the fenders on the bumpers...but it runs like a champ. He paid $500 for it when he was 15 years old. he is 20 now. its been beat and rebuilt, said he would sell it to me for $400. is it worth it? Ive never owned a 4cyl...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Buddy has a 91 S10 reg cab short box 2wd 2.5 5spd S10. he has ownded it since 50,000 it has 102,000 now. its got very nice rust on the bed on the doors on the fenders on the bumpers...but it runs like a champ. He paid $500 for it when he was 15 years old. he is 20 now. its been beat and rebuilt, said he would sell it to me for $400. is it worth it? Ive never owned a 4cyl...
If you need a cheap truck it will probably run forever. Gas mileage will be good for a truck but crap for a car. It wont be a sports car. For a daily driver it would work if you can put up with it. Really for $400 for a running duke with 102K its worth it by a lot.

·
Backyard Special
1,344 Posts
hell I would buy that truck in a heart beat if I lived close to you $400 and only 102K, my duke has 200K and runs great the guy that owned it before me had it since it had 15 miles on it and sold it to me about 2.5 months ago, also I have had 3 iron dukes none of them left me strandid or nothing, shit if anything buy fix it up a little and turn around and sell it for $1200 ha ha

·
Blacked out Z
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha i did think about just reselling it...but anyhow. What do you consider crap gas milage for a car?? cuz that thing gets like 30mpg from what ive seen, and i think thats amazing gas milage, since i get like 16 in my truck, 18 in my camaro

·
Registered
44 Posts
haha i did think about just reselling it...but anyhow. What do you consider crap gas milage for a car?? cuz that thing gets like 30mpg from what ive seen, and i think thats amazing gas milage, since i get like 16 in my truck, 18 in my camaro

Sorry, Im a bit biased, my diesel benz gets 45mpg and my firebird pulls 32-33 on its worst day.

·
Backyard Special
1,344 Posts
I would jump on that like shink on shit.

·
Blacked out Z
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, Im a bit biased, my diesel benz gets 45mpg and my firebird pulls 32-33 on its worst day.
OK so off topic here, but what year and engine firebird do you have? a friend has an 89 auto 305, he said he gets like 28 highway. I have an 83 Z28 manual, i get like 18-20 highway if im having a lucky day. My car will beat his any day, but they are the same engine.(minus carb vs. fuel injection) Is a Z28 just geared very different?

·
Registered
450 Posts
dont change the subject.........buy it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
OK so off topic here, but what year and engine firebird do you have? a friend has an 89 auto 305, he said he gets like 28 highway. I have an 83 Z28 manual, i get like 18-20 highway if im having a lucky day. My car will beat his any day, but they are the same engine.(minus carb vs. fuel injection) Is a Z28 just geared very different?
I have an 83 with the Duke. And yeah, he probably has higher gears than you(some people on the fbody forums claim over 30 with a 305). I have 3.71 gears in mine and a 5 speed(which is also geared lower than the v8s).

·
Backyard Special
1,344 Posts
So im waiting to see some pics of this gem we speak of?

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Pix of the Duke powered Firebird.......?

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
You misunderstand, I wanna see pix of the bird, your truck would be nice also...... :)

·
Backyard Special
1,344 Posts
oh ha ha wow my bad yeah lets see some pics of both the truck and the firebird.

·
Blacked out Z
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Id should really see if he has the picture of it flying 3 feet in the air...the red barron flies like a champ haha.

·
Lurkin Again!
628 Posts
pics please..like to see a flyin duke....

·
Backyard Special
1,344 Posts
DUKES the way to go ha i have owned 3 and so far am impressed by the reliabilty and gas mileage ha

·
Home Chillin
19 Posts
I bought my Blazer with duke power for $400, it's been nothing but super reliable to me. I even drove it up here to NC from Floriduh a few weeks ago and no problems with the motor at all. I would say go for it, gas mileage is awesome and the motor may outlast the truck if taken cared of properly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts