S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pewter S10s FTW
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know on most of the older Chevy trucks when you turn the 4-ways on and hit the brakes they stay on. It is really annoying when you are in the dark trying to back a trailer into a parking lot. :rant: It does it on my 98 S10 and my 97 Silverado. Is there any possible way to stop that, rewire it or something?

·
Electrical Mod
56,116 Posts
First off, if you mean that when you have the Hazard lights on, and you hit the brakes, the brake lights light up and the hazards don't flash? If so, that's how all s-series in the US were designed. It's because the turn signals are the same as the brake lights. If you had a vehicle with separate turns and brakes, the hazards wouldn't be affected. But the brakes are more important than hazard lights, so they "over rule" them.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
First off, if you mean that when you have the Hazard lights on, and you hit the brakes, the brake lights light up and the hazards don't flash? But the brakes are more important than hazard lights, so they "over rule" them.
Totally agree with phoenix. Also think so.. If so, that's how all s-series in the US were designed. It's because the turn signals are the same as the brake lights. If you had a vehicle with separate turns and brakes, the hazards wouldn't be affected.

·
Pewter S10s FTW
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright. Thanks for the explanations guys,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts