S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 S10 ZR2. Ok so i got my new rear driveshaft in and decided to take my truck for a drive. i bought the truck a few months ago and just got it running.. 4-hi the front driveshaft doesnt spin at all and 4-lo works like it should. i dont have any dashlights on and i hear the transfer case engage. when i push the 4-hi button and the button stays lit as well. any ideas to what may be the problem?

·
Been there Done it
9,214 Posts
If you are getting 4 Lo then the encoder motor and TCCM are working. Sounds like something broke inside the TC.
Just find another. Don't pay over $50 for it. That's why I didn't mention taking yours apart. Used ones that are fine are all over the place. ZR2 uses the regular old S10 TC.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are getting 4 Lo then the encoder motor and TCCM are working. Sounds like something broke inside the TC.
Just find another. Don't pay over $50 for it. That's why I didn't mention taking yours apart. Used ones that are fine are all over the place. ZR2 uses the regular old S10 TC.
Alright. Cool cool. Thanks once again Oldeerslayer

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Had this issue and it was the tccm. I’d try a known good one or reset yours before swapping transfer cases

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had this issue and it was the tccm. I’d try a known good one or reset yours before swapping transfer cases

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Alright. How would I go about resetting the TCCM? I mean if something was broke in the case it should be making some funky noises right? Cause she sounds fine.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Correct. Highly unlikely it’s a transfer case issue

I googled the reset procedure for you to reset your tccm.
I’d get one from a take apart for a few bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Resetting may only work for a time or too or not at all. From what your saying. Pretty dang sure you need a tccm

·
Been there Done it
9,214 Posts
Since 992drjimmy is sure that a TCCM will cure it, why not give it a try? It's located under the passengers kick panel beneath the dash and would be a lot less work if it fixes it. Let us know how it works. I've never replaced one on any of my S-series vehicles, but if there is an easier cheaper way to fix something I'm all for it.
Here's are links to some earlier pages on how to test the TCCM and other misc comments on the subject.
Since they are old threads, don't reply on them. It's a rule.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Definitely good pages to test. I’ve had to replace tccm on 3 s10 trucks in last 5 years. As mentioned. Don’t reply to old threads. You’ll get a reprimand. But also a reprimand if you start a new thread on same topic

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,683 Posts
But also a reprimand if you start a new thread on same topic

By who? I recommend starting new threads all of the time. Old threads can be referenced with a link to them.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
By who? I recommend starting new threads all of the time. Old threads can be referenced with a link to them.
I’ve seen mods and members chastise people for reviving old threads when the topic pertains to question or issue. Then in same taken when they start an new thread in a same topic members get told to use the search button. It’s happened to me over the years a few times and I’ve seen it happen to others.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,683 Posts
I’ve seen mods and members chastise people for reviving old threads when the topic pertains to question or issue. Then in same taken when they start an new thread in a same topic members get told to use the search button. It’s happened to me over the years a few times and I’ve seen it happen to others.

Perhaps this will clear things up...

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Sometimes there’s no winning. Whichever way you do it. That’s all I’m saying. Nothing more nothing less. Sorry if I offended anyone

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Definitely good pages to test. I’ve had to replace tccm on 3 s10 trucks in last 5 years. As mentioned. Don’t reply to old threads. You’ll get a reprimand. But also a reprimand if you start a new thread on same topic

ok so ive tasken the kick panel off and i dont see anything except the wiring harness goes into a box about 3"x4" just one big plug is what it looks like to me. aside from that i just see the back of the firewall and the blower motor.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Yes a silver box with one harness going into it.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Blower motor is in the engine area. How are seeing that removing the passenger side kick panel

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Blower motor is in the engine area. How are seeing that removing the passenger side kick panel

it might be the vents coming into the cab then. and no the box is black with a harness plugging into both sides. it doesnt look like the TCCM's autozone or oreilly's is showing for my vehicle though. the plugs are as big as the box. i have a 2000 s10 zr2

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Post a pic. Your truck doesn’t have the 4 button 4x4 does it

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
3 button. is it behind the glove box like everyone states or is it behind the interior panel on the side of the floorboard by the door? imma go take pics now

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I haven’t seen anyone say it’s behind the glove box. It is behind the passenger side kick panel. This has been said many times.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts