S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if a backward 4link works as good as a frontward 4link for hookin up a v8 s10 i want the best traction:doh: :jawdrop:

·
DTC built
1,300 Posts
You wil not have any traction problems if you set it up properly, by properly I mean forward. What kind of V8 you using, any pictures?

·
body dropped
4,346 Posts
OPINIONS OPINIONS OPINIONS

Reverse 4 links are sooooooooooooooo bad. Tired of reading the same crap.

The bagging 101 sticky is opinion too when it comes to links. It's Tony's opinion, not fact.

If you're worried about planting a ton of power with a 4 link, the bags will cause you more problems than a reverse ever will.

·
Registered
203 Posts
This is not an oppinion. With a truck with any sort of power, a reverse fourlink of any kind will not work well at all. It directs all of the force in the wrong direction, where as a forward four link will create a downpressure, causing traction. By the way, I like the Isuzu-looks hot

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
Got_20s said:
OPINIONS OPINIONS OPINIONS

Reverse 4 links are sooooooooooooooo bad. Tired of reading the same crap.

The bagging 101 sticky is opinion too when it comes to links. It's Tony's opinion, not fact.

If you're worried about planting a ton of power with a 4 link, the bags will cause you more problems than a reverse ever will.
How is it that bags will cause problems hooking up? How could a fully adjustable spring rate be detrimental to traction?

Things like vehicle dynamics, instant center...basic physics..aren't opinion.

·
Registered
203 Posts
How is it that bags will cause problems hooking up? How could a fully adjustable spring rate be detrimental to traction?

Things like vehicle dynamics, instant center...basic physics..aren't opinion. [/B][/QUOTE]

I could see it causing problems because the air spring may never be as stiff as a standard coil (it is only a rubber bag filled with air). And this may cause traction issues. But this is only my oppinion.

·
body dropped
4,346 Posts
Keep driving in circles then. Don't ever use reverse. Under your way of thinking it would be the same thing.

Wheel hop will stop anyone from hooking up, with any kind of spring, air or otherwise.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Got_20s said:
Keep driving in circles then. Don't ever use reverse. Under your way of thinking it would be the same thing.

Wheel hop will stop anyone from hooking up, with any kind of spring, air or otherwise.
Ever try to plant any sort of power in reverse? Doesn't react too well. By the way, got any side shots of your ride body dropped?

·
Registered
203 Posts
low-blazer said:
Well, the only traction issue I have is on wet pavement. If I bump it up to 100 psi, I've got 3000 lbs of load capacity in the back...and trust me, those springs get stiff. I can tailor my launch to virtually any condition...something you can't do with leafs or coilovers...
I stand corrected. I figured just the fact that it is a rubber spring, it would be more likely to not get too stiff. But I guess I was wrong. Which is good, cuz I was considering bags for my V-8 Sonoma (I doubt I'll use air though, I am a hydraulic fan).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts