S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight guys hes the deal im parkin my truck for the winter cause some bitch at the fball game last night railed me on the way out and ****ed up hte front of my truck real nice so im gona be redoing the 4 link in the bak and i want to get the most lift possible right now i have a parell wit a panhard bar=junk set up i want one like in these pics http://www.streetsourcemag.com/viewownerprofile.aspx?profileid=17918

can anyone tell me wat kinda basic 4 link i should get and how i would go about getin all the badass lift?...thanks guys Joe

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
That link you posted is a 2-link. 2-links suck!

*puts on gear and prepares for battle*

hahahah

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Look at the pics a lil more... thats not a 2 link.

as far as your question goes joebird. I think that much lift is pointless. If you want a lever setup, you really shouldn't do more than a 2.5:1 ratio with the bag, IE: if the bags stroke is 5", aim for 12.5" of lift, which is plenty plenty plenty, and will ride excellent if paired with a nice shock. Also, in that setup in the pics, that shock is pretty much rendered useless because it practically horizontal at what I would consider ride height.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aight well if u look in some of the pics u can see that there r 4 bar the 2 on the outside and 2 on the inside of the frame??? but anyway even if it is a 2 i want a 4 link that gets that much lift and hey if u wana tell me how to 3 wheel like that shit let me i wouldnt hurt puttin a nice 3 thanks guys....joe

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i hear ya bout its plenty of lift but it freakin awesome coming into school wit the bak of the truck 4 feet in teh air right now i get like 3 inchs more lift in the front then i do in teh bak of my truck.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
so just do a lever setup to even it out. That much lift is rediculously too much IMO. You cannot haul anything in your truck, because the bags take so much pressure just to get the truck off the ground. I would estimate that he has 130 PSI or so in those bags. When you decrease (or was it increase, i can't remember) the spring rate of the bag, it takes more pressure to lift the same weight, and that is exactly what is happening in that lever seutp.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
SlammedDime said:
Look at the pics a lil more... thats not a 2 link.

as far as your question goes joebird. I think that much lift is pointless. If you want a lever setup, you really shouldn't do more than a 2.5:1 ratio with the bag, IE: if the bags stroke is 5", aim for 12.5" of lift, which is plenty plenty plenty, and will ride excellent if paired with a nice shock. Also, in that setup in the pics, that shock is pretty much rendered useless because it practically horizontal at what I would consider ride height.

:stupid:

u couldnt possibly need more than 14 inches of lift out back....and a simple 2:1 ratio could get that easily...and give you a great ride....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
id venture to say the presure would increase wit the bags mounted way up there i no i drive at like 100 in front and 20 in bak right now and thats 2500 in front and rs 72 in bak over the axle

·
Registered
476 Posts
SlammedDime said:
You cannot haul anything in your truck, because the bags take so much pressure just to get the truck off the ground. I would estimate that he has 130 PSI or so in those bags. When you decrease (or was it increase, i can't remember) the spring rate of the bag, it takes more pressure to lift the same weight, and that is exactly what is happening in that lever seutp.

100% correct. My bags are located on my lower bars in a 2.5:1 ratio, and my ride height is around 70-90 psi with Slam Specialties RS-72's...The one thing that kind of sucks about a lever setup is that it doesn't ride well at real low heights...That's because the spring rate is too low to provide any real suspension for you at low psi...

20 psi in my rear bags would be about the same ride quality as someone with over the axle bags riding at 8 psi... To get the same ride quality that over the axle setups get at 20 psi, I would need to run at least 50 psi...But with the lever setup 50 psi gives me 4"-5" of lift so the truck is not really that low at that point...

Most people don't even realize my truck is bagged when they see me driving around, because I drive at a fairly high ride height...My truck looks like it maybe has a 3/4 drop at ride height... The lowest I typically drive is with the fenders just barely untucking the tires, and I only drive that low when cruising with my friends or on the highway...Anything lower is scary over 35 mph because there just isn't enough spring rate in the rear suspension...

But you also have to remember that this is a Blazer and not an S-10...I have significantly more weight over the rear axle than an S-10...An S-10 will not experience this effect as drastically because there is less weight in the rear which results in less force being applied to the suspension...Therefore a lower spring rate does not affect ride quality as much...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts