S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions from the peanut gallery??

Yea, so I didn't know about anti - sieze last january when I put my 4 link together, and now, well, I can't seem to get the rod ends unthreaded from the 4 link bars. I tried some PB, and let it sit for about 15 min, and that didn't work. Anyone have any suggestions???

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i think the 4-link nazi just got busted!

let that pb sit longer, some times it takes a week. i had a fuel filter that i couldnt heat so i pb'd it and a week later it finally came loose.

·
Shade Tree Pimpin'
1,123 Posts
stick one end in a vise and twist on the other i dont know may be im thinking of the wrong thing

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
torch it it will come off just be quick

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
umm doesnt metal expand when heated? causing it to become even harder to take off? how bout some liquid Wrench?

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
damn...i didn't see this thread when I posted in the other one...

ya, I had the same problem matt....heat it w/a torch. it will come right off...

:werd:

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Matt, last time I had this problem, I took the bars off the truck, and sprayed them with penetrating oil, and left them hanging up so the oil would run down inside. I left them like that over night, and they came apart in the morning. And if that doesn't do it, then go for the heat like the others said.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright.... I'll spray 'em with more oil right now, and let 'em hang. And if that don't work.... i'll get the blow torch out :evilg:

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now another fuckin problem...

I was unbolting the last lower 4 link bar from the axle mount, and the bolt seemed to strip itself inside the threads on the axle mount. So now i can't get the 4 link bar off of the axle mount. This is not, of course, how i planned this whole thing to go... Any suggestions on this new problem?? I can't just cut the bolt off, cuz its threaded inside the mount, there is no nut for it.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If you have a big POS flat head you can try to tap it in between the head of the bolt and the bracket to put a little wedge on it. Then slowly start trying to back the bolt out. I have done this and been succesful on occasions..... its either that or cut the biotch off.

Tony...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts