S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I am going to be bagging a 94 toyota standard cab (came up on it for free) and wanted to know if the angle of the top bars in a triangulated 4 link matterd. The angle I am talking about is if you look straight down, does it matter what the angle is where the bar welds onto the frame? The bar should be as close to parallel to the ground at ride height, right?

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
the bars need to be as close to the same angle as the bottom bars as possible. when you have the truck sitting so that the lower bar is level, the upper bar should also be level or the back side of the bar a little higher.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, i mean the angle that is made by the top bar and the frame. Or even the top bar and the axle. It seams that when looking from the top the link, axle, and frame should make a 90, 45, 45 triangle. Thanx

·
Ricky
1,854 Posts
well a 90 degree angle would mean the bar is running across from one framerail to the other, pretty sure its close to a 45.

|/\|

as far out on the axle as possible, except when using over the axle bags, that limits it a little, but if you are mounting the bags on the bars, you can go a little farther.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts