S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
WhackdOutGemini
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heres the story...when I first dropped the rear of my truck I bought 2 inch blocks,,removed a leaf. I then decided it wasn't enough drop so I dropped the front even more and went with 3 inch blocks. Now that I seen my trucks stance I noticed the back was about an inch and a half higher then the front. Should I just swap out the 3 inchers and put some 4 inch angled blocks on stock leaves or opt for 2 inch drop leaves and the 3 inch blocks? I do NOT want a cheap suspension setup...but what's the difference? Do 3 inch blocks come in angled? I guess the question for that part is do I have to have the 3 inch blocks angled with the drop leaves for the pinion angle on the driveshaft like if I were to just throw some 4 inch angled blocks on my stocks or does it matter?

·
Still 2 High
1,515 Posts
well they say you want angled blocks for anything past 3 inches for the correct pinion angle... i'm going with some 4 inch blocks to level my truck out to 27.5 inches all around with 2 inch spindles up front...

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
If you're not worried about money then go with the leaf springs and blocks. If you put 4" blocks on there then it's gonna ride like a log wagon. Leaves make the ride much smoother. Also if you do 3" leaves and 3" blocks then you will have to notch your frame. 2" blocks will be safe to do though with the leaves.

·
Still 2 High
1,515 Posts
grnd- do you think if you have removed leaf in the rear with a 4 inch block it'll ride in softer? thats where i'm headed for as of now...

·
Registered
457 Posts
i have ZQ8 leafs and a 3 inch block.. and it rides really good.. im planning on getting 2 or 3 inch leafs and putting my 2 inch blocks back in, do you think that will ride the same? cause i want my rear end down some more.. andi don't wanna stick a 4 inch block on top of my zq8 leafs.. what drops are the zq8 leafs??

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,712 Posts
97sdime said:
well they say you want angled blocks for anything past 3 inches for the correct pinion angle... i'm going with some 4 inch blocks to level my truck out to 27.5 inches all around with 2 inch spindles up front...
May sound obvious but..drop your driveline before you put the blocks in. I had 2" blocks with no problems but the 3" blocks I put in made the drive shaft too long. Had to shorten it by 1" It doesn't happen to all but it did on mine...you might want to take out the bumpstop and bracket..

·
Still 2 High
1,515 Posts
i've never felt a driveshaft vibration so i think i'm clear from it... hopefully it won't do it when i lower it more.. i'll be buying the 4 inch blocks tomorrow so i'll have some 3 inch blocks for sale soon if anyone is interested

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,712 Posts
97sdime said:
i've never felt a driveshaft vibration so i think i'm clear from it... hopefully it won't do it when i lower it more.. i'll be buying the 4 inch blocks tomorrow so i'll have some 3 inch blocks for sale soon if anyone is interested
It's not so much a vibration problem as it's a length problem. The blocks tend to move the nose of the diff down which pushes the driveline forward possibly bottoming out in the tranny...bad results. By disconnecting the drive line first, you will avoid this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts