S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you really want performance out of your 2.2 your are going to have to deal with the fact that the tuck tips the scales at over three thousand pounds. does anyone have any ideas on how to cut out some fat.

you could try the import method of blowing $$$$$ on a carbon fiber hood and then loading the hatch with 3/4" MDF and 4 or more subs with 40 pound magnets.

If you want to make a difference you need to remove 100-200 pounds. I would really like to hear what you have to say.

·
body dropped
4,346 Posts
100-200 pounds isn't going to do *** all to that motor.
Face it, it's slow. It's always going to be slow with that motor. It's a hamster on a wheel.

P

·
0 Posts
Got_20s said:
100-200 pounds isn't going to do *** all to that motor.
Face it, it's slow. It's always going to be slow with that motor. It's a hamster on a wheel.
:werd:

If u really want performance out of the 2.2 then you need to put a 5.7 in it. Unless you want to blow alot of $$$$$$$$$$$ on a trubo and internals.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got 20s
thanks for your response, and your probably right. But I'm stuck with the motor and I love the truck and I got to keep working on it.

P

·
0 Posts
U can do all the bolt ons like intake, exhaust, header, chip,e-fan, dif. rear end gears, and oh yeah Nitrous.

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
phat96, differentional gears help in performance when you get up to 3:73, and 4:10. Our trucks have 4:10 stock! yes you can go higher, but it wouldn't make a difference, or be practical. don't forget pullies, and tranny help (B&M), and better spark (MSD ignition), and a better fuel pump, w/what phat and i have said + engine internals, i think you could run 13s. But i dunno for sure.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
there are fiberglass beds made for our trucks....and also a nice looking carbon fiber hood from APC that is actually....really good quality......but it would be pretty easy to get this truck fast, it just takes more money than most of will spend on it

Caleb

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
Could always take out your spare tire (provided your roadside assistance membership is up to date), leave the jack at home, take off the tailgate, go to forged wheels, replace rear bumper with roll pan, fiberglass fenders/hood, etc. Depends on how radical you want to get, but there's ways to shave off a few pounds. Not that you'll notice it much. Me, I'm going with a Zex bottle and a stall converter for my next big purchase.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts