S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, this may sound funny to some people and i might be wrong, but i was at a party tongiht and this kid swore up and down that not only would his four banger prelude take a 1994 S-10 with a 350, but it would take my 2001 4.3. i laughed in the kids face and told him to get a clue!! i might have been wrong, and i'm not saying that my truck is super fast, but know i can take a damn prelude! let me know if i was in the wrong or not! also i dont know what year the prelude is... :shrug:

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
well.....like you said, i don't know the year of the prelude either...but my 89 2.0si was pretty freakin quick. slighty modded it ran 0-60 in around 7 seconds...now i don't know about that 350...but i'd put money on the prelude in a prelude vs. s10 race.......just my thoughts though...

·
FELLOW S-10 ENTHUSIAST
940 Posts
sorry bro...not sure what ur truck has done to it, but the prelude would probably walk all over you...especially if it is modded. The 2000 prelude came with 200hp stock...not sure what year this kids car was, but if it was one of the newer preludes, chances are it would break into the 14's with a good driver.

·
FELLOW S-10 ENTHUSIAST
940 Posts
I had a 1998 Acura Integra GSR, full exhaust, intake, and Jackson Racing Supercharger w/pulley upgrade. I would see 10lb's on the gauge...it was sick as hell for a "ricer." I would put LT1's to shame...if this prelude of his has any kind of power adder...it could be good for a low 13 sec. pass, if not quicker

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a HPPIII, AIRAID intake and a flowmaster exaust...like i said i dont know what year it is, but he wasnt telling us what it was!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
also, this kid was talking about a 100 to 150 shot in his motor! is that possible without dropping a good $2000 into a honda? and he wasnt mentioning a supercharger or turbo

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol, i know the kids car isnt stock and i'm not going to be racing him, but we were all drunk and he just flat out told me that his shit would take a 350 S-10 without a problem. i just think that i could hang if not pull out. and he didnt offer any kind of info short of talkign about a 100 to 150 shot.

B

·
0 Posts
what i raped a 99 prelude in my truck with a 4.3, he had a whole bunch of rice shit done to it

****in rice cars blow

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
bodydropped99 said:
what i raped a 99 prelude in my truck with a 4.3, he had a whole bunch of rice shit done to it

****in rice cars blow
Same here. Including GSRs, Si civic, and they were modded too. Did this in my friend's 95 4.3. NO BS. it might have been the driver but it seems like those ricers no matter what they do to their cars they just don't know how to drive their cars since most of them are 16 year old kids... well the ones i raced anyways.
High revving enine= low torque wich is what the 4.3 has plenty of.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
1,152 Posts
I will honestly come out and say, I have had my ass whipped by a few preludes. Tell him you wanna do a 60 foot race, and no more. You'll probably win then.

·
without the 20's...
504 Posts
without details on both it's hard to tell. i had a true japanese prelude, while i was stationed in okinawa, and that bish would spank my 4.3 that i have now. i hate rice but it was cool to have a right hand drive and it had awd steering too. i'll never own another honda but many hondas will be 0wn3d my me!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well now that i've sobered up a bit i cant wait to go and actually see this thing, but by the looks of the kid talking smack, i'd like to think it was an 88 with chrome hub caps...but it might be a brand new one with daddy's help under the hood, we shall see...

·
Registered
745 Posts
i beat one from light to light i think it was stock though. i stayed with another one i think it was a 2000 with a booster chip thing and a CAI and some other very minor stuff from a 45, he jumped ahead cause he launched from behind before i realized it but from about 45 to 60 he didnt budge. then we hit traffic. but if the vtec had kicked in i would have been left behind.

·
Muff Divin' Member
2,031 Posts
yeah I know the 99-00 civic Si's will smoke any stock s10 and even the 4.3 with some mods...and I also know that the newer preludes are at least as fast as the 99-00 civis Si's so I think the kid will smoke your 4.3.....even if his prelude is stock and especially if he has a manual tranny

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.