S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody get aftermarket pulleys and install them yet? Mine are on the way and i was just wondering how long/hard it is.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Mine was kind of a pain... just because it is a small place to try to get in to, and because they are weird sizes and I had to go get the tools (like I think a 28mm open end and a t60 torx socket... don't take those to be right though) After I got the tools, it only took about 40 mins. It made it a little quicker since I had an aftermarket intake though (have to remove it to get in the space). Then after you get the stock alt. pulley off, putting the new one one is hard because it is even smaller for the wrench to go in. The other pulley is easy once you get the bolts out of the old one (that is the hardest part).

DogP

·
Registered
893 Posts
If you are getting them from STS be prepared for the belt to be the wrong size. They say they have addressed this problem, but you never know what may happen if they have em lying around still..

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I got mine through a group purchase for $142 shipped, but I believe they are 175 + shipping regular.

DogP

·
Ex Bagged Minitrucker
4,651 Posts
Woaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!
I think I will keep my stock pulley's instead.Seriously, I thought they were around $60. I guess not. Later, Brandon

·
Half Deaf at 140dB
108 Posts
hard to get to???

on my truck, you can stick ur head under the front bumper and the pully is staring you in the face.... Am i just missing something here or what? the only issue i forsee is the alternator pully since its kinda crampt, but nothing i couldn't handle with a Uni-socket or a shorter wrentch.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yeah, the alternator pulley is the one that is hard to get to... the other is really easy, just the bolts are hard to loosen. For the alternator pulley, you have to have a t60 torx socket so you can hold it from turning while using an open end 28mm wrench to loosen it (or you can do it the other way around...). Then getting the new one on, you have even less space to tighten the nut back on.

For the other one, you just have to put all your weight into loosening them and maybe have something jammed so the pulley can't move, and when you put the new ones on, make sure that you put loctite on the bolts.

DogP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts