S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally got the money to do a 4/6 on my truck. what would be the best way to do it? am i going to have to notch my frame? what combination of parts would be best?

·
0 Posts
Dude, you must be new. Do not order from aim. I have a friend who ordered some spindles and couldn't use them becuase of crappy craftsmanship. And yes I can beat that.
www.godfathercustoms.com>begin shopping>DJM suspension>S10
They have a kit with 2"spindles, 2"coils, 3"leafs, and 3"blcoks for 370 plus shiping I think its like 430

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
& if ya want Belltech go through SummitRacing.com (free shipping) i got a 4/4 drop (i'm going to buy 2" leafs i think) for 240 from Stylinconcepts.com

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
See I told ya that people would give you crap about AIM...

But I BOUGHT FROM THEM AND DIDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AND EVERYTHING FIT GREAT AND WORKS GREAT AND THEY SHIPPED IT OUT AND I HAD IT A WEEK LATER!

so...there's my story!

·
0 Posts
Hey just saying is all. I don't think I'm gonna go through them but hye. Don't complain then if anything is messed up. :)

·
0 Posts
Buy new leaf springs. Thats what I'm gonna do. I don't know about notching the frame, I was kind of wondering the same thing

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
i didnt notch it in the back with 6" and its ridable. hard but ridable.

im not notching it since im getting a custom 4 link built once i extend the frame.

besides, you can always notch it aftewards.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Look in Truckin' Mag pg.133 (June 2002) they have a DJM 4"-5" or 5" -6" for $319 from Godfather Customs. Suppose to come with spindles, coil, leaf, block. Probably have to buy shocks though.

Anybody find a better price please post.

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i called up godfathers monday to ask them about that package. they told me it'd be like 379 shipped for the djm 5/6. i called back tuesday to order it and the guy said that everything from djm for the s-10 was on backorder. he told me he could give me the belltech. only problem was that the belltech was listed at 460 plus shipping, which is way over my budget. he gave them to me for like 398.60 shipped for a belltech 5/6. he kicked about 120 off the price. so if you're lookin for some drop kits, i'd reccomend giving godfathers a call.

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, i finally got almost everything today...fedex didn't deliver 1 of my leaf springs. anyway, i'm doing the drop this weekend with a couple friends. is there any advice you can give me before i start?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts