S-10 Forum banner

4.3L V6 Non-Vortec EBay Turbo Install

8K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  FirstGensForever 
#1 ·
Going to be turboing my 4.3l v6 in my 91 s10 (I know it’s less work for a v8 and cheaper, don’t remind me) and was just wondering if anyone has used an eBay kit for this project before? The kit I found fits the truck and everything looks In order to work. Does anyone have any good results with turboing their 4.3s?

The kit I’m thinking of buying: https://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-4-3L-Tu...AOSwtBZbqUf2:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!18241!US!-1

#3 ·
Get in touch with chevymec. He did one.
Are you sure the manifolds fit an S10? GM put 4.3's in bigger trucks that had more frame clearance. Those manifolds might only fit them. I'm not real sure boosting a GM TBI injection system would work real well. They do exhibit wear on the throttle shaft bores and could leak. Not sure spraying a pressurized air fuel mixture around under the hood is a good idea.
The kit doesn't mention how it regulates fuel. Getting an old chip type computer tuned for the rapidly increasing fuel demands of a turbo could be interesting.
I do seem to remember someone making a flashable kit for them, but know nothing about it.

#4 ·
dynamicefi.com makes the flash memory conversion for the TBI setup, but it will also do port injection which is a much better way to go, take the TBI unit and use it as a TB and weld in injector bungs to the intake.

Also those manifolds are direct copies of the Syclone/Typhoon stock turbo manifolds and will fit just fine. Id suggest just getting the manifold kit from that same guy and get a stock Sycone turbo and downpipe and start there, with a good tune on an otherwise stock 4.3 you can make ~350RWHP. You will find the limits of the engine pretty quick if its high miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.