S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've decided that my stock one wheel peel 3.42 just isn't cutting it anymore, and i really wanna get the 4.10, but i'm worried about driveability!!!
i think i should be ok, cuz my truck is a 2001 blazer 4 speed auto with overdrive, and with a 4.10, i'm assuming that i would be ok, because of the overdrive gear.
O ya, plus does anyone have time slips before and after for a 3.73 or 4.10 on a V6??????? if so, it would be very helpfull.
i know wickedX has a 4.10, and he's mid/low 15's i believe with pullies, ignition, and exhaust. so i'm hoping to be somewhere close to him with my intake, exhaust, and e-fan will go on with the 4.10.
right now i'm somewhere in the rang of 16 flat, but i beat my boy's civic si that runs a 15.7 on the street. so i'm thinking maybe i'll do a really high 15 at the track. cuz when people ask me what my truck runs, and i say 16's, nobody seems to be impressed. but all the gilligans with their 1990 195hp mustang 5.slows'run high 15's and people seem to be impressed by that somehow.
i'll never understand it.......
thanx guys

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
4.10S NOT WORTH it ask a guy did this on the board on a blazerx. i mean it will get up more rpms at 65 will be up 500-600 more.

i had 4.10s in my s10 and top speed was abotu 105 in 3rd with 410s. and if you go full throttle in overdrive ouch say by by to tranny.

our blazer with intake and exhaust ran a [email protected]
with some other things lol bone dry tank with 1 gallon of 105, no front light, no spare tire, and 40 mph rear wind [email protected] but [email protected] is a true run

id get the volant cold air intake, pullies, electric fan, muffler, headers (blazers have fatter y pipes thats how they get more hp) take one of the precats off, custom tuned cpu and that should get you going

www.geocities.com/stefannys01blazer

tony

·
Registered
2 Posts
wut up, i have a 2001 4.3, 3:73 posi, hypertech, jba coated headers w/ straight piping(no cats)and 2 edlebrock muffs. Anyways - i say go w/ the 3:73 and if ur taking it to a shop to get it done u might as well get posi or detroit lockers or a spool. mines a 5 speed and w/ my gears at 50mph in 5th im at 2 grand and at 70 im pretty much at 3 grand...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
was that 16.4 with stock rims, or those big ole 18's?
for some reason, when i first got my truck, i raced this guy in a blazerX, (mines just a 2wd 2 door) and i pulled on him pretty good... i was thinking maybe its because it's luggin around that body kit and the bigger rims, but i cant think of any reason besides that. right now i have my spare, and my roof rack removed. maybe i'm just being optimistic with my 16 flat guess.
so blowing up my trans doesnt sound too apeeling, so i'll just go 3.73..... what should i expect off my 1/4 mile realisiticaly? and i'm also curious if i could just switch my 3.42 with a 4 cylinder s-10 that comes with a 3.73 stock. its an idea, but i'm not sure if it'd work. or should i just buy an after market gear and locker?
right now my goal is to get my truck doing a mid 15 or better, then get the NX 75 wet shot.

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Blazo, I have lowered my times to 15 teens on street tires and a best of [email protected] on drag radials with my new setup.:evilg:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
geeze!!!!!!!!
i assume you had a 3.42 stock? how much did you drop in u'r 1/4 mile when u put the 4.10 in???

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i've never looked into a stall before, i have no idea how it works or what it does????

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
Hey Tony this is a little different question. What would you recommend 4.10 or 4.56, the only difference is my truck is on 33" tires. I was thinking 4.56 but I'm not sure. Sorry for the different question just curious. Oh yeah it's a 4.3L V6 Auto with 3.42 gears.

Thanks
Chad

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
heres what you can do for me.

go 65 mph on the freeway tell me what the rpms show. for me wtih 295 50 15 tires at 65 mph im at abotu 2100 rpms

now with 410s i was at abotu 2600

stock tires are 205 75 15 and thats the true 3.42 gearing
now 33 inch tall tires will make the rear end a 2.80 around.

now lets say you are at 1700 rpms at 65 mph goign to 4.10s will make it go up 500 rpms so at 65 mph you will be doing around 2200 rpms which im at now and its fine.

with 4.56 you will gain 800 rpms at 65 mph so that would put you at 2500 which was fine for me. id get the 4.56

tony

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if i get that high stall tq converter, where will i gain power and what should i expect off my 1/4 mile?

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
I have 4.10s with 255/50/16 tires, at 70 mph it turns 2650 rpms

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
any suggestions on a good posi system that wont break the bank?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts