S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A '96 S-10 W/ 4.3l. I Plan On Cutting Out The Cat And Putting On True Duals. I Know You Can Get Simulators To Take Care Of The Rear 02 Sensors But How Can I Convert My Pre-cat Sensor From One To Two Sensors??

Will Splicing A Second One In To The Existing Wiring Work??

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
just so you know, if i were you, I'd buy two performance cats, the engine will run better. And, i'm not sure excatly what you are asking, but if you are trying to use one simulator for two different sensors, sorry, but it wont work correctly.

·
Bann3d
3,080 Posts
i got true duals flowmaster 40's series no cats sounds good like driving thru a parking lot but no backpressure at low speeds so u lose low end torque. they sound nice. I think they caused me some problems tho my engine dosnt run right but i get "does that got a v8?" i say no they say "well it must have a cam then" i tell them nope just flow masters

·
Bann3d
3,080 Posts
Huisurdady said:
i got true duals flowmaster 40's series no cats sounds good like driving thru a parking lot but no backpressure at low speeds so u lose low end torque. they sound nice. I think they caused me some problems tho my engine dosnt run right but i get "does that got a v8?" i say no they say "well it must have a cam then" i tell them nope just flow masters
if it helps any to say ...... i wouldnt change mine back i love em

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What Size Pipe Are Your Running, And What Did You Do With Your O2 Sensors, Are You Just Running One On One Side?

·
Long Duck Dong
235 Posts
you have it wrong. your truck has 2 pre cat o2 sensors and 1 post cat sensor. you dont do anything to the precat sensors since they control the ECM. you should get a O2 simulator for the 1 rear sensor or do a manual fix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, It Only Has One, I've Looked And The Exhaust Shop Looked, I Don't Know About Newer Trucks But '96 Only Has Two Sensors, One Pre Cat And One Post Cat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts