S-10 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
it may just be the regulator leaking... or maybe not the spider at all. plugs? wires? etc?
you need to check fuel pressures. theres procedures for doing it which must be followed. theres a sticky explaining it... i believe the users name is 'burned' or something like that

but with that said, if you dont know the history you should probably replace everything anyways... its just that the spider is the most expensive piece and should be last on the list if it cant be confirmed faulty....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
it may just be the regulator leaking... or maybe not the spider at all. plugs? wires? etc?
you need to check fuel pressures. theres procedures for doing it which must be followed. theres a sticky explaining it... i believe the users name is 'burned' or something like that

but with that said, if you dont know the history you should probably replace everything anyways... its just that the spider is the most expensive piece and should be last on the list if it cant be confirmed faulty....
Ok, here's the status. Purchased the new spider. Bought the one with the electric injectors. Installation was a pain. By the way, the regulator was leaking and there was a puddle in the intake. Fitting those new injector hoses underneath the injector pod was scary. No matter what I did I could barely get the unit to press down into the holder because the new hoses are so fat. We finally got it down. It started and ran like a new one. Test drove it locally without any stalls. But that's happened before with other parts. I'll follow up after a week or so.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well, it doesn't flood anymore and it starts normal. But on a lengthy trip last night it started cutting out again and I had to turn it off and restart it. I think my last resort is the fuel pump screen. I am getting a code for a coil, but it's a new coil. P0351 which indicates cylinder one is losing its coil circuit. But it's not missing and when it starts cutting out it doesn't want to run at all except idle. Returns to normal after a restart. Here's a quick recap of what I've changed. Please remember I have a parts truck so I didn't have to buy everything. MAF sensor, Coil, ignition module, spider with new pressure regulator, TPS, IAC, Tank pressure sensor, plenum gaskets, fuel filter, and a shop pulled the tank and replaced the fuel pump. I might want to add that the problem increases when I get to a half tank of fuel or below.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Latest update. I pulled the bed off and removed the fuel pump from the tank. Needless to say I'm very disappointed in the shop that installed the fuel pump. It was done before I actually owned it so I'm not going to pursue anything. The shop installed a new fuel pump into a filthy rusty tank. It literally took 2 hours to clean it out with a scrub brush and an air nozzle. It ruined the pump by clogging the strainer which is not replaceable. It's been running perfect for a week and a half other than my radiator cracking in this heat. Had to put a new one in.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts