S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 sonoma ext cab 4.3l. I am looking for more boltons for it im trying to make a street legal fast daily driver.
Im putting on:
intake(suggestions)
cat back(flowmaster)
highflow cat(suggestions)
y pipe(suggestions)
pullyes(suggestions)
throttle body spacer(airraid)
please add to this list and money is not tight but im not rich either but money is saved.
Also weight reduction ideas or suggestions.

I Put in (AC delco plugs,accel wires,distrib, and rotor)

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
dont waste money on the TB spacer OR the "high-flow" cat. K&N, AEM, and Volant all make good CAI's, personally id make my own, or buy a K&N. y pipe, dont need it unless you;re getting headers. pulleys, i think March makes a good set. also, think about replacing the gears in the rear axle, and a shift kit, if its an auto.

·
12,507 Posts
:stupid: if you have the money.

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
weight reduction ideas! if you have the money you could get a fiber glass bed or if you wanna be Rice-ish you could get a carbon fiber hood. also take out the jack and get a lightweight one.

·
12,507 Posts
do a search on weight reeduction....and look at the pshcho ideas i has. fiber bed and hood would be nice, changing the jack would do nothing. still gotta do some engine mods, W Red is only going to get you so far.

·
12,507 Posts
CFM has been proven to sell a bunch of shit! TB spacers only work correctly on ture carb engines. dont waste your money on it - spend it somewhere else. dont mess with the MAF, use a 180* stat. tarus e-fans, EGR restrictor is something i would NEVER put on my engine, for various reasons.

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
I just put my March pullies on today and am very happy with them! Mines an 02 but I just ordered the latest application they had since 02 wasnt listed. 3140MM belt is what ended up finally being the correct length.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I put on a TB spacer and I did not feel a difference. The intake made a big difference to me. I got the Granatelli intake for mine.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
you could take out the spare tire for one thing... thatll save 50 lbs.(i would carry some run flat gunk) i would do Gibson cat back exhaust. a magnaflow or borla muffler(or a turbo one) 2.5 single in/ 2.25 dual or 2.25 in/2.25 out with dual tip. i would say turndown but i think those are illegal in some states(noise pollution). lowering your truck will give you better handling so i would change suspension but iwouldnt go with air bags since this is your daily driver. you could do a functonal ram air intake. you could change out the seats in your car for some light weight sparco ones. if you have a chrome bumper or fender i would trade those out for some fiberglass/plastic ones. you could replace alot of the steel metal under your hood with aluminum in some cases. thats all i can think of.

·
12,507 Posts
spares weigh 50 lbs? i was unaware of that fact, especially as the 31" mudders on wheels, on my truck weighed nowhere NEAR that...

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
ok to clear up some misinformation in here... replace the Y Pipe get a SLP y ittl help a lot even on stock manifolds... Get some headders itll help a ton.. as for exaust Dynomax, Magnaflo, Flo Pro, Spintech or borla mufflers are all good... the stock cat is a fairly high throughput only way to make it beter is remove or gut it then smog levels won't pass
Suspension... go 3/4 itll help out best to go 2" spindles and 1" springs front and 3" leafs and 1" block in the rear if you are ZQ8 i wouldnt worry a lot about Sway bars but you can add a heftier one up frotn if not a zq8 they are worth the mone\y to get ZQ8 bars...
If you don';t have positrac of some kind get it...
SLP sells the Zexel for 100 and works wonders
Weight distribution will help remote mount the battery in the rear and remove all leftover remnants of the battery out of the engine bay
CF or Fiberglass hood
Lighter wheels
then yer off to internal engie work

oh and the other piece of misinformation... the Spacer only works on fuel deliver where fuel and air are mixed before the spacer... TBI and carbs do this.. The spacer creates a swirl to mix air and gas more evenly coming through the intake manifold therefore making it burn more effeciently...

on anything else all ti does is swirl wind and make the nice whistle...

·
12,507 Posts
moving the battery (which weighs a heavy 25 lbs?) isnt going to do anything, and the Vortec head design swirls the air, thus negating the need for a TB spacer to swirl it even more (and create turbulence).

1 - 20 of 61 Posts