S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he i know this will convert the truck to a MPFI and is cheaper than a 2114 correct?

ALSO-
Can upgrade the injectors?
Does it flow any better than the stock intake manifold on my truck?
Does it need any fabrication to fit or is it a bolt in deal?

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
If you can find one. Yes you could upgrade injectors with it. You may have to do a little work to get the fuel lines routed. And egr and evap would take some re-thinking to keep them.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
warrenp said:
$300-$400
Where are you getting that information from? I have seen that some 5.7L vortec guys have gone with the marine mpfi intake with nice results, I would try it if I could find a manifold for a decent price.

·
TrailBlazin'
3,397 Posts
MINTSICK said:
Where are you getting that information from? I have seen that some 5.7L vortec guys have gone with the marine mpfi intake with nice results, I would try it if I could find a manifold for a decent price.
Boat junkyards. The 4.3L's were used in A LOT of boats. From Bayliners to SeaRays to You name it. But im pretty sure its about 1000 bucks for a new one from Mercury Marine.

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
02_Vortech said:
ya i would like a used one- Also i dont have an EGR- my truck is a 2002 so i dont have to worry about that-
Duh, didn't even think of your year. The evap you can just run to a good vac source i would assume.

Your pm box is full by the way.

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
warrenp said:
hag around you might learn somthin :)
LOL has 65 posts :haha:

·
Getting back to Boosting
881 Posts
Yeah, it would work, but they are heavy, and not as good as a 2114 conversion.
I wouldn't waste the money. I would save and do a 2114.

Jay

·
Banned
378 Posts
Been there done that way back before the 2114 became the method of choice. The end result the marine intake will cost you as much if not more and weigh another 10 lbs and look like a peice of crap ontop of your heads.

Don't waste your time money or effort.

·
I cant win for loosing.
3,226 Posts
Yeah I thought about this option also, and contacted a few marine salvage yards around here...they wanted 300 for the manifold and 400 for the rails, injectors, and TB..so yeh I think imma do the 2114, or next best and go with extra injectors.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts