S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going down the road today and switch to the left lane to pass a couple people, well i noticed there was a cop ahead and decided to slow down and suddenely some a$$ in a tiburon flys up on me. so i retain the speed limit until we get outta site and i finish going around the slower people well as soon as he gets a chance to, he switches lanes and trys to race around me. well i kinda knew it was coming so i was waiting for him to do so. we ended up going to around 90mph and i was atleast a car ahead of him the whole time. a couple miles down the road i finally let him around me so i could see what model it was, and i was pleased to find out it was a tiburon gt.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
nice kill

·
Project X
16 Posts
remember though too, you's were already up to speed.... I dont know if you would beat him off the line.... just a little tid bit.... I could be wrong, but I would think that the GT could get off a little faster than the 4.3L.... Good luck though....

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he was riding my ass the whole time so there was no speed difference. a kid at my work wants to race me for $20 he's gotta eclispe gs with a CAI and a fart can. what kinda times do these cars run?

·
Tire = Smoke
724 Posts
Between 15 and 16, possibly slower... At least thats what I've seen over and over at the track

·
Registered
202 Posts
97LOWNOMA said:
a kid at my work wants to race me for $20 he's gotta eclispe gs with a CAI and a fart can. what kinda times do these cars run?
If it's a auto you well beat him no sweat.

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
97LOWNOMA said:
he was riding my ass the whole time so there was no speed difference. a kid at my work wants to race me for $20 he's gotta eclispe gs with a CAI and a fart can. what kinda times do these cars run?
If you have good tires and hook good then take his money. If he is a auto he is running maybe a 16.5. If he is running he might be running high 16's to high 15's and hey if u loose it's only 20 bucks right?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya i hook up pretty good and i run a 15.9 1/4. its a 5 speed but i think i am going to race him next week.

·
Registered
204 Posts
well i think you have him.....specially if you kno how to drive.....and most likely he will think he's got it and when u take the jump off the line he will shit himself and miss 2nd or 3rd.......i kno my friend always misses 3rd in his eclipse but if he drives my truck he's fine? must be the car LoL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts