S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be racing 2 Civic Sis this Tuesday. One is bone stock, the other has intake. I don't think I'll be able to beat them, since one of them ran 15.3 at the track supposedly, but I want to put up a good fight. I drive an 2001 automatic 4.3. I'm assuming that I'll want to put it in "3" and just go full throttle after a brake-torque launch. Suggestions? I'll have the tailgate down, of course.

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
read this thread here ....hope this helps a lil

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
you'll definatly take them off the line.

torque it up to 1500 in 3 and watch the civic headlights fall back....then watch them slowing get bigger till you see tail lights:cry:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

Well, I raced the two Civic SIs today. The stock one, well, I beat his rice ass! I got the jump on him with a good launch, and I held him about a car length away for most of the race. But it was at 8pm, and it was pitch black out and I didn't see when I passed the finish line, so I went right into the grass. The SI with intake (and a more skilled driver) got a worse start than me, but pulled way ahead me after about half the race, and I just slowed down to avoid going off-road.

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Street racer

If your going to race rice at least do some mods to your truck so
you will win, you should of KILLED them both:bash:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts