Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Chevrolet s10 Blazer
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 4.3 vortec RWD and I'm trying to find an exhaust set up that'll give it a good deep tone as if it was a v8 or something. It's hard to make a v6 sound good so I'm trying to find what's the best sounding set up out there. Also I don't want my ears to bleed when I turn it on I want it where when you step on it, it sounds good and meaty.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,010 Posts
No such thing. Sound good at idle...sounds like ass when revs build....4.3's are full of compromises...lol.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
I spent a lot of time and money attempting to make a 4.3 sound good. It cant be done, they all sound like shit, yours will too...

Try youtube, and pick whichever garbage smells best to you.

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,614 Posts
If you put a V8 in it then it will sound throaty like a V8, that's the only way.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,010 Posts
Look at the bottom of his post...

·
forever unfinished
2,819 Posts
depends on how much money you want to spend lol. im a 40 series fan. here is my old setup. headers running into a 3" high flow cat. then 3" all the way back. sounds good at idle but high idle it still sounds like its missing 2 cly's. BTW i had a lot of engine work dose too.

"click pic for video"

[/URL][/IMG]

pic of my setup

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
I've been in the same boat, pretty much given up for I have spent way to much money on different mufflers.
The only thing I have found is the Dynomax Super Turbo, It's not gonna be loud, in fact it's not much louder than stock, but it does give it a nice little rumble and not raspy.

I ran across an old school Cyclone Sonic Turbo made by Mr.Gasket when they made mufflers. It is just a tad bit louder than the Dynomax S/T and it's not raspy at higher rpm's. It's about as close as I could get making the 4.3 to sound like a V8, for I have been asked several times if I had a V8 in the truck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a flowmaster super 44 on my s10 no cats the pipe goes into the flowmaster about where the bed ends I bought tube from advanced mocked it up with clamps then welded it I think it sounds good just alittle loud

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've got the MagnaFlow y-pipe and cat with the Gibson catback. It sounds good but not very loud and certainly not v8 like. I think headers may be necessary to get the sound you're looking for.

·
Registered
154 Posts
cut my exhaust out where it turns straight just under the motor,added a bigger 3-4 ft long 3 inch round exhaust tube,then magnaflow muffler with dual outlet,then 2 and 1/2 inch pipes routed,they end right under the reese hitch..
i been told every other day past 4 months it sounds like a v8..maybe cause they dont have a v8 lol..ive had many and it sounds close but cruising at 85 dont sound like a v8..
something about that 3 inch in there close to the motor that resonates and sounds sweet tho..
pulled up to gas pump last week and a 70-80 yr ole guy"im 48" was standing there watching me pull in and shakin his head,,he said dam that thing sounds good,its gotta be a v8..i told him no but he insisted i was pulling his leg..made me feel good,haha
i dont have a true vortec,,but i smoke a few once in a while from red light to red light,and i could really use a bigger speedometer someday so i no what i was doing when i have to explain to johnnylaw :rotf: johnny9

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
^ You'd think at your age you'd be off of the whole "it sounds like a V8" thing but I guess not.

·
Jacob
899 Posts
sometimes i wish we could "like" posts here, how some other forums are

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.