S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Just add dirt!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just woundering if anyone race a chev 1/2 ton with a 4.8 5 speed?
my brother and law just bought a 2002 reg cab step side, and just debatting about raceing him so let me know who would win? or i have a chance?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
u know thats a good question i've always wondered myself....but i can never find one that wants to race...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
unless ur modded out you'll lose. my buddy had a 99 4.8 auto. it was stock and could beat stock 5.7's. he traded it in on a 2002 5.3 z71. hes never raced in it but its got a ton of power.

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
Friend of mine has a '99 5.3 auto, I can take him to 45, then the two extra cylinders kill me off... Make sure you're modded before you go at the 4.8, it's only .5 more liters (look i can subtract!) but the V8, ouch.....!

·
Just add dirt!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no my 4.3 does have a little done to it like, throttle body spacer, removed restrictor plat, port and polished maf sencer,air intake,b&m shift kit and soon to be turbo charged by the summer

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
hey sonoma what year is yours, i'm going to twin turbo mine next summer too, what approach are you taking on it...??

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
who is making your turbo kit or is it a custom job?

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
I killed my buddys 2002 5.3 ext cab

·
Just add dirt!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Theres a guy who has a kit for a 96 and up chev astro van:dunno:
but he is selling it and wants $1000.00 for the whole kit. It is all brand new so iam still thinking about it.

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
sonoma get it, just make sure you've got a good enough cooling system-- the turbos will definately make some heat... get a good intercooler and you'll be fine--- and $1k is a deal

·
The Tool All The Pro's Use!!
303 Posts
spearco makes some good intercoolers...just go to turbo manufacture sites they'll link you to thier own or send to you someone who makes them

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
i vote for the guy riding the mo-ped eating the peanut butter and jelly sandwich...

Oops, damn I got to lay off the crack... :woah:

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
is it a 4x4 ? even with those mods thats alot of wait and are geared different...

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
is yours a 4x4 is what that means btw

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey you guys are talking about turbo charging your 4.3L. Any buddy know if the exhaust off of a syclone or typhoon will work on a new model truck like a 1996 s10 blazer 4x4. I have been looking into it and i really dont know where to start .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts