S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone considered, or looked at, swapping a 4.3 for one of the new 4.2's in a trailblazer? it puts out 275 HP and 275 tq (at 3500 rpm), but i think it has way too many electronic controls. is it too long to fit?

·
Registered
212 Posts
well considering its an inline five, and a v8 is a super tight fit. If i were to put money on it i would say no it wont. but who knows. i would love to have that type of power without touching it. throw a charger on it and damn, youd have fun. My 93 trans am with an lt1 only had 275hp. that i5 is impressive.

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe bump the firewall back some, e-fans, and change the rad support around a bit...too bad i dont have a 4.2 sitting around to mess around with

·
Registered
73 Posts
Uhhh. The Vortec 4200 is an inline six, in Trailblazers. The inline 5 is called the Vortec 3500 and it is 220HP @ 5600, 225TQ @ 2800(per chev. site). I don't think either would fit, but man that 4200 would be awesome in a little reg. cab short bed.:woah: Its all alum. too.

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, ive got a reg cab shortbed ZR2, thats why i was thinking about it...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The 4.2 inline six started in 2002 with the Envoy, Trailblazer, and Bravada. It would take some severe hammering of the firewall to fit that motor in our engine bay and still have a front mount radiator. Its pretty damn long and wouldnt be worth the hassle really. The LS1 already fits, is just as light, and makes more power.

·
StraightEdge
503 Posts
i don't know if i'd say it wouldn't fit. you can do pretty much anything to a truck w/ a plasma cutter, angle grinder, and a welder. plus i thought anything was possible when i saw that PT Cruser w/ the Viper v10 in it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts