S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just turned 91,000 on my 97 sonoma so i think i am gonna trade it in pretty soon. yesterday i went to the gm dealer and told them that i wanted a reg cab 4.3 sonoma with zq8, they said that all they had was automatics. they told me that they could order a 5 speed but i would have to wait and they wouldnt give me as good of a deal. i need to know what the quarter mile times are on a 4.3 reg cab auto sonoma 2002 and what times are the 5 speeds. they told me that i would be difficult to find a 5 speed.

·
IDWIN
13 Posts
i can run 10s if i get traction

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
5sp

5 speeds are a ***** to find i had to look all over Pa, dont let the dealer tell you its gonna be extra, a manual tranny is like a grand less expensive than an auto. Plus the 5 speed kicks ass

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: 5sp

mrshaft696 said:
5 speeds are a ***** to find i had to look all over Pa, dont let the dealer tell you its gonna be extra, a manual tranny is like a grand less expensive than an auto. Plus the 5 speed kicks ass
yea its cheaper to get a 5spd, but dealers have to order the truck which means you probally wont get a good deal on one so in the end its about the same

·
Registered
98 Posts
question.....should i switch back to my stock tires?? i would give up traction, but they would be way lighter than my chrome 17 in bellas.....what do u guys think?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts