S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What if any thing has to be swapped to make a 99, 4.3 work in my 97 4.3. Need to swap quick for my child to drive this truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
892 Posts
strange....and twice..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Very strange especially in the V8 discussion. & my answer to the question would be start with the driver lol jk check on the timing cover make sure they both have the same style with crank posistion sensor as well as check the intake manifold and injector setup I don't know what's all interchangable those years but I do know the multiport setup changed several times from 94-00ish. If in doubt swap it all off the old motor & play it safe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jack 48461, i know its strange not to do a v8 swap, but like i said i gotta get it running for my son to dri e. I know somewhere down the line the started putting a BCM on the trucks so just wasnt sure. And for the ones of you wandering why in the v8 section. My mistake!

·
Wanna Play a Game?
823 Posts
theres no difference in the engines. bcm wont interfere with anything. if its the passlock your worried about, that doesn't have anything (mechanically) to do with the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts