S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
thats queer. i wheel a samurai and for one that transfer case would never hold up and the angles on the suspension are not that great there should be more seperation on where the links mount to the axle and what not. nice rig but she is all show. my samurai is on 37s and is tippy as is i can only imagine on 46s

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks like a lot of money spent for 300hp. Why not go with a v8 and have a lot more hp and tq. I bet it dosen't have any tq out of that v6. But it must sound mean. And most of all it doses look good for a car show.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i would hope he has well over 300 horse my buddie has a 4.3 with some aluminum heads roller rockers basic shit and he is right around there factor in that blower and he should be around 375-400 at least. but wait he probally dont know because he never even worked on the rig....

·
Registered
442 Posts
he shouldnt have a hard time at all making well over 300hp. his TQ curve should be very nice and be able to match a V8 since root SC do make very good TQ. It is a very nice engine and Im sure it would perform just as great as it looks. I would like to see some long tube headers on this engine instead of the power robbing cast manifolds.
Personally I would have a highly detailed engine on a street truck not a 4x4 so I can actually use it without getting everything all dirty. Either way I dont see many 4.3's with blowers especially ones this neat so props to him or whoever may have built it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
alot of ppl dont do v8's because of space (not saying ppl dont do it) ... the 4.3 swap is alot more common. Hell a Sammy with a stock engine a stock tires will walk through alot of holes STOCK .. Put a nice little set of 31-33's an A shackle lift the damn thing will crawl through just about any hole that doesnt swallow it .

My buddy had one with a 2.6L Turbo corolla motor in it on some 31" swampers that bitch would go through about everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts