S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
yeah... that's STATIC
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this topic has been beat to death... well, i'm assuming anyway

i got a 01 4.3, and i'm looking at making it a little more 'peppy' ;) what are the simplest things any schmoe can do in their own garage. i don't want to do any upgrades for the internals, strictly bolt-on and smaller things.

the truck had a drop-in k&n filter, and i recently picked up a flowmaster muffler for super cheap... and that's about it so far. hiflow cat? pulleys? air flow sensors?

i checked recent threads, and stickies.. didn't see alot. any help would be appreciated

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
e-fan is also a great little bolt on, frees up gas milage too....

or you could spray the piss out of it..thats an easy upgrade

·
UNBANNED BITCHES!!
2,007 Posts
1fast4by said:
e-fan is also a great little bolt on, frees up gas milage too....

actually im getting ready to do this mod.....and would llike to know if you or know of anyone has one laying around cheap PM me if so ...thanks.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
From what I have heard, you cann also control it through the faactory computer using tunercat..Im not sure how yet, i believe rat does

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
A cam will bolt right in.:p A supercharger will too.

But, you said no internal. So, headers, larger y-pipe, and what has been said so far.

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
1fast4by said:
From what I have heard, you cann also control it through the faactory computer using tunercat..Im not sure how yet, i believe rat does
You can, and you should, it works so nice. Pin #9 on the "black" connector. It grounds it, so run positive to the other side of the relay.

And with tuner cat just turn on the aux fan present in calibration options. And set the trip points in the system parameters area.

·
Registered
68 Posts
first, take off your throttle body, remove the butterfly, and cut off the little tin restricter plate. then reinstall the butterfly and throttle body. next, remove you mass air flow sensor , take a screwdriver and rip out the stupid beehive screen that restricts airflow. these 2 mods together are good for close to 20 hp, and you can feel a huge difference.

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
cadreams94 said:
first, take off your throttle body, remove the butterfly, and cut off the little tin restricter plate. then reinstall the butterfly and throttle body. next, remove you mass air flow sensor , take a screwdriver and rip out the stupid beehive screen that restricts airflow. these 2 mods together are good for close to 20 hp, and you can feel a huge difference.
Removing the restrictor on the throttle body makes for really snappy off idle throttle response, but little difference between wot and part throttle. The throttle bodies on these trucks is huge, way larger than they need to be. That is the reason for the "restrictor".

Do NOT remove the screen from the maf. The screen is not a restriction, and it helps linearize the airflow to help the maf get good readings. Removing it can cause poor readings, that can make the truck run lean. Maf's are finnicky devices, and you don't want to alter them unless you have the capability to re tune the maf tables in the ecm. But if you can do that you may as well just remove it all together.

20hp :haha: Thats funny. I have never seen evidence that either help performance. And i am not talking about the felt quicker, i am talking about track times, ect.

·
loco hombre
3,461 Posts
cadreams94 said:
20HP? Holy heck. More like... well, none! :)

The deflector plate will just give you slightly snappier throttle response off the line, nothing more. The other... just search, you'll find all the info you ever need :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
ok so i was just relaying info from a buddy of mine who just did that to his 97, sorry for the mis-information. i have a 94 tbi, so none of that applies to mine. and he hasn't taken it to be dynoed, just what he had heard too. anyone wanna play a game of telephone? lol

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts