S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 s10 and i can get my hands on a complete sonoma thats been rolled and i was thinking about buying it to have the 4.3 instead of the 2.2 and plus the headlights,grill,seats and middle console, door panels and all the power locks and windows because mine dont have all that. Should i do that or just the v-8 swap and do with out the other?And is it just a drop in for the motor mounts from a 2.2 to a 4.3?

·
V8 Member
2,808 Posts
if i was you id just do the v8 swap.. cause youll get the 4.3 in there be happy with it for a few then youll start thining of how it iwll be nice to have the power of a v8. thou a 4.3 can be built.. but for a lot more money then a v8..

·
i dont have feelings
519 Posts
man... if i knew you, id kick your ass for even asking... =]

but seriously, youll do the same work to get the 4.3 in, and spend more money...and yes... 4.3 = satisfaction NOT guaranteed

·
i dont have feelings
519 Posts
id hit that

depending on what v8 you do, the 4.3 electronics might be swapable.... im not sure how different they are on the 2.2

the front accessories youll want off the 4.3

·
V8 Member
2,808 Posts
pull the shit ya want off.. grab the 4.3 eng harness and the serpentine belt brackets... and build you a vortec motor and then just have to get the harness done up and the computer redone for a vortec... doug at current performance im pretty sure can hook ya up with everything you need.. and your shit will still look stock if you go this route..

chris

·
Registered
471 Posts
let me ask you this what do you wanna do in the end? Where do you wanna go with this truck? If you wanna put in a smallblock eventually dont waste your time on the 4.3 now just do the V8 swap. Do you know anyone who has a V8 S10? If so see if he will let you take it for a spin or at least take you for a ride. Feel the power of the V8 once and the 4.3 will not satisfy you again.

·
Big Engine, Little Truck
639 Posts
bdazgmc said:
let me ask you this what do you wanna do in the end? Where do you wanna go with this truck? If you wanna put in a smallblock eventually dont waste your time on the 4.3 now just do the V8 swap. Do you know anyone who has a V8 S10? If so see if he will let you take it for a spin or at least take you for a ride. Feel the power of the V8 once and the 4.3 will not satisfy you again.
agreed, there is no comparison between the two engines. The 4.3 is weak, the V-8 is strong.

·
TrailBlazin'
3,397 Posts
the_dubster98 said:
pull the shit ya want off.. grab the 4.3 eng harness and the serpentine belt brackets... and build you a vortec motor and then just have to get the harness done up and the computer redone for a vortec... doug at current performance im pretty sure can hook ya up with everything you need.. and your shit will still look stock if you go this route..

chris
Who is Doug?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool ill just do the a v-8 swap,and i know someone that has a 383 stroker in a 1st gen and it is sick!!!!!! Thanks for the input everyone!!!

·
11 second station wagon
2,921 Posts
I know you already decided but I'm gonna finish this one with.......... I'd definitely swap in the v8 because the 4.3 gets just as shi++y gas mileage and less torque. so why not have more torque with about the same amount of effort.

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
the_dubster98 said:
isnt that his name.. lol.. guess not.. my bad...:rotf: too man names.. sorry:D
Jared... :)

Im doing a Gen III swap as soon as I buy a house, the apartments dont like engine swaps I dont think...lol

Ill gain 220+ HP and gain a few MPG at the same time, it only makes sence.

·
i dont have feelings
519 Posts
if there was a word to describe the opposite of performance, it would be 4.3L

·
TrailBlazin'
3,397 Posts
SweetS10V8 said:
Jared... :)

Im doing a Gen III swap as soon as I buy a house, the apartments dont like engine swaps I dont think...lol

Ill gain 220+ HP and gain a few MPG at the same time, it only makes sence.
Damn right. As soon as I get my own place in a few years, im swaping in a LS1 but hopefully an LS2 in my S-10.

·
i dont have feelings
519 Posts
SuperSS27 said:
Damn right. As soon as I get my own place in a few years, im swaping in a LS1 but hopefully an LS2 in my S-10.
youre not allowed!!

·
the youngest has been
4,358 Posts
how about both

do an L99 swap, its a 267ci lt1 motor

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
Cronos said:
if there was a word to describe the opposite of performance, it would be 4.3L
The best word to describe what your trying to say is Oxymoron..:p