S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
if it's a newer 4.3 then it's going to be on the back of the intake, behind the throttle body. It's a biatch to change, and you'll have to have a either an oil sending unit, or a O2 sensor socket. If you have to buy one I'd get the O2 socket cause you can use it on O2 sensors and oil sending units. But it's easy to change once you get the old one off, it's just hard to get to.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just wondering but i didnt see anything in the "Chilton" manual on where its located, any drawings or photos?. My wife has a 98 GMC jimmy 4.3, 4 x 4 getting jumpy readings on the oil pressure. Changed oil and filter but still jumpy, looking to change this next.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
97SS-10 said:
if it's a newer 4.3 then it's going to be on the back of the intake, behind the throttle body. It's a biatch to change, and you'll have to have a either an oil sending unit, or a O2 sensor socket. If you have to buy one I'd get the O2 socket cause you can use it on O2 sensors and oil sending units. But it's easy to change once you get the old one off, it's just hard to get to.
Good advice, I wish I knew an o2 socket worked on these I struggled tightening that thing down even when I had the motor out of the truck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts