S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do u do the injector swap.. do i need to mkae my intake hole larger by boring it or does the 4.3 injectors just fit right on the 2.8 intake? does anyone have pictures..

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
how do u do the injector swap.. do i need to mkae my intake hole larger by boring it or does the 4.3 injectors just fit right on the 2.8 intake? does anyone have pictures..
are you talking about installing the 4.3 throttlebody on the 2.8 intake?

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts

·
I Rather Be Wheelin'
4,864 Posts
I've never heard of the 4.3 to 2'8 TBI swap. What are the advantages to doing this? I might do this just for the hell of it since I have a spare 4.3L taking up space in my garage.

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
Did You not read the link up there or did I just post it for my health?

Basically one of the biggest hold backs of the 2.8 is the bottle neck of air flow in both the heads and fuel delivery system. Not much we can do to the heads beside port and polish but the bigger design of the 4.3 helps flow more air.

·
I Rather Be Wheelin'
4,864 Posts
I skimmed the link, really didn't read it - so yeah I think you might have gained a few health points from it :D

I might do this. My 2.8 needs all the help it can get.

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
I skimmed the link, really didn't read it - so yeah I think you might have gained a few health points from it :D

I might do this. My 2.8 needs all the help it can get.

:rant:

:rotf:

·
I Rather Be Wheelin'
4,864 Posts
:D

I finally read it though, lots of good info. He has a bunch of good writeups if you explore his site. I'm not too keen of pulling the intake off and getting it machined, since there isn't a machine shop in a 100 mile radius of where i live.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
:D

I finally read it though, lots of good info. He has a bunch of good writeups if you explore his site. I'm not too keen of pulling the intake off and getting it machined, since there isn't a machine shop in a 100 mile radius of where i live.
when i first hogged my manifold out, i used a tungsten bit for my dremel. i left it on the engine and packed rags into the plenum and went to town, then shop vac'd it out when i was done. use your imagination:D
if you have a neumatic die grinder just get some non ferrous carbides for it and go to town.
if not at least i gained a couple of heath points:p :D

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
Get a spare intake to play with. Get it the way you want it then swap them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
man i didnt know about port and polishing lol i just had my intake off last week for new gaskets and i cleaned everything up.. should have done it then

·
White trash minitrucker
262 Posts
I did it a few years ago when i had my 2.8L first gen. I had to drill and tap bosses on the 4.3TB for the thottle cable bracket. I started out with the 4.3 injectors and it would barely run, once i put the 2.8L injectors back in it ran like a champ. I took the intake to a machine shop and had it bored to match the 4.3 throttle body and i used the 4.3L throttle body gasket. It didnt help much with the low end it was barely noticable, but instead of the power falling off around 4500 it pulled hard up to 6000. If i ever get another 2.8 i will definatly do it again.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I read the article, but I now have a question. My truck gets good gas mileage. 23-25 MPG. 2wd 2.8 5 spd. How does this conversion effect gas mileage??

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
It doesn't hurt it any. About the only time you'll notice it is when your on it or towing and since your sucking gas at those moments anyways nothing really changes but more power. During normal driving its just like the smaller bore TB.

·
Registered
250 Posts
That's good, I have learned alot from this site. I'm now on the look out for a 3.4. I have a good running motor now. And I don't want to lose my efficiency on the gas sipping!! So I am looking for ways to give the little truck a boost in power. Will I lose my mileage if I which to a 3.4. I need to find the fine line between gas milage and power. I want both.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts