S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I want to make this short: Is there someone that would volunteer their phone # so I can call and ask some questions?

4.3 history and changes is what I'm looking for, as what I thought I knew has recently been thrown out.

Mainly that some "vortec" motors in the early days were way different from what I thought they were. I was thinking that they were all single injector/poppet until later years.... ????? NOT 3 or 4? different versions. Haven't had much luck finding a comparison on the web, so here I am.

Anyway, any info would help a ton. We're about to help a cousin by buying here '94 Astro SWB van that has plastic Vortec valve covers but the same looking TBI intake with 2 injectors in the TB just like the '92 van the inlaws have....So I'm guessing the motor was replaced with a ???YEAR??? vortec long block at some time.

Well, she ran this one out of oil and that's why we're getting it: Not sure what I have to work with to make it run pretty well for the few months before we sell it.
Mainly wanting to nail the facts down for future reference... Basically everything late model GM truck efi, as I have the lt5- lt1/lt4-ls1/ls6 and FWD car efi stuff figured out.

The inlaws TBI 4.3 from 92 runs ok.....My dad's 3.42 geared '96 SWB 1/2 ton 2wd c1500 FLYS.....And if something can get a move on more than his '96 ??CPFI?? I'd sure like to experience it!

(On a side note, a project someday I'll toy with that I haven't even looked into, is a AWD syclone/typhoon clone, but something twin or single turbo V8 with AWD components stolen from a new Sierra full size, Bravada, AWD Safari, or some mix. What are the differences in all of these? I think that's all of the GM AWD vehicles ever made that have IFS and the motor pointing the correct direction.... :)

Thanks!
R

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok. I'm figuring more out. But someone could BS with me for 5 minutes on the phone and help me alot! Any enthusiast that's researched anything or just been around a while and worked on a few different 4.3's..... :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts