S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv got a 85 4.3 and a 2000 gm crate 350 vortec will the water pump starter fly wheel altentor and all the front barkets off the 4.3 fit on the 350?

·
Heavy Metal Body Man
5,363 Posts
i dont know about the water pump, but you should get a new one anyways, do not use the flywheel/flexplate as it is balanced for the 4.3 and not the 350, but you should be able to use all the front end stuff like brackets and pulleys and whatnot

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the 4.3 is already running in a truck and iv got a gm vortec crate 350 and i was just goin to use the water pump and all the brackets and stuff off the 4.3 if i could cuz it was all still good and i knew u could transfer the 4.3 parts on a older 350 but i didnt know about a newer vortec 350

·
Registered Hoosier
4,795 Posts
I think the flex plate will work, but you might check part numbers on both at a parts store or online and see if they match. A friend put a 355 in a first gen blazer 2wd, and used all the 4.3 stuff, just used V8 intake and dist. Used firebird exh manifolds. Looked pretty much like it came that way.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the only thing im worried about is the 350 bein a new vortec motor and the 4.3 bein a older tbi motor and the brackets nt line up to the rite bolt holes on the vortec

·
Ehhh!
2,285 Posts
New 350 and old 350 blocks are pretty much identical. Are you talking about an LSx based engine or just your every day 350. The only real difference with the vortec is the heads.

You can use a 4.3 water pump but I will agree with maverick and tell you to get a new one. They are cheap and better to do now than when it starts to not work. I had to modify my power steering bracket from the 4.3l because of using headers. I say modify, basically just cut a portion of the bracket that mounts to the front driver side exhaust port. Everything else bolted right up. Make sure the water pump has the proper flow for a serpentine setup.

·
It's "Neanderthal"
5,411 Posts
I have Vortec heads on a '79 block and all the '79 brackets bolted back on with no problems, so, as far as the smallblocks are concerned GM kept the same bolt pattern. The thing I'm curious about is if the harmonic balancer is the same from the 4.3 to the 5.7

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know the harmonic balancers are diff iv already got one on the vortec motor and its nt the lsx just a gm crate 350 and thanks thats all i needed to know if they kept the bolt holes in the same spots

1 - 8 of 8 Posts