·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find a ECM matching the code i got on my truck

16186135 BDDJ
86BDDJK022620116

It's a 1993 4.3 TBI (not a vortec)
I wonder if we can buy somekind of fitting that can let us install a carb over the intake manifold of the TBI...

Or if someone could help me figure out what other ECM could fit my truck
TY

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 4.3 ECM ....Can't seem to find a ecm for my truck

Just found out there's no intake manifold adapter to switch tbi to carb......

·
WICKED 6 RACING
2,189 Posts
Go to GM and buy a new computer there like 100 bucks

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
i got a brand new service replacement computer for 4.3 tbiu and 700r4 with vss

from GM itself directly, local dealer and im just gonna toss it in shredder scrap

if you get an intake for a 1985 astro van or full size 1/2 ton pickup 2wd they were 4bbl q jet 4.3L

i have one sitting in my driveway now at the shop it is a nice clean bone stock short bed fleetside 1985 C1500 GMC pickup, IE a chevy C10 the ownrs bought it form down south somewhere a few hours away, a couple years ago and we are the only ones who touch it when it needs anything done, and its the first and only 4bbl 4.3L ive ever seen so far, but then up here everything is rare cuz nothing this old is left here.

im getting ready to yank the q jet off it again soon and tear it apart and rebuild it because one side is lean not getitng enough fuel. its the original E4Me carb still but without ESC, so it doesnt have the TPS in it.

you can find stock 4 bbl intakes on the net, or in junkyards where you are probably.,

1985 !

car-part.com local junkyard parts search engine

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fastr68 U save my day....I always wondered what model had a 4.3 with carb....and be shure ill look at it.

I was starting to shop for a 305 4bbl to swap my 4.3 since i couldnt find the damm ecm ...and the dealer was asking 280$ for a new one.....

And between you and me I don't have the time to swap a motor now i'm working on a 86 camaro and the garage is upside down lol

Thx again

·
"factory freak"...
8,604 Posts
are certain your ECM is faulty?
not certain, but ECMs from other similar model
year TBI trucks MIGHT be compatible...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well my injector are doing the pulse of gaz but wide open shooting way to much gaz....so i checked everything ...changed the injectors.. Checked if any wires where grounding and they all seem perfect , even change a few that i had a doubt ..checked my gaz return ..I change the temperature sensor on the intake manifold .Even swap my TBI unit with my spare one I had ....nothing still the same
no code are coming from the truck.....so i asked someone to do a diagnosis and he said my truck seem to think that I'm running at 3 300 rpm.....so the ecm is sending the wrong info to the injectors..
I can't see what else....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And i can't find that model of ecm anywhere seem that even acdelco can't find that one.....so i'm not shure if my motor is from a 1993.....anyway

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well
I finally found out why that ecm didn't exist...
My motor is really an 1993 4.3 tbi.
That ECM have only been done in 1993...so only a few have been build and were not worth putting on market as parts..
So everyone that check for the code will get 0 match for that....
Seem that the only way is to rebuilt it....
So if you have a ECM under the code : 16173782 BDDJ
Rebuilt it or swap the harness with the ecm....
Thx everyone ..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well
I finally found out why that ecm didn't exist...
My motor is really an 1993 4.3 tbi.
That ECM have only been done in 1993...so only a few have been build and were not worth putting on market as parts..
So everyone that check for the code will get 0 match for that....
Seem that the only way is to rebuilt it....
So if you have a ECM under the code : 16173782 BDDJ
Rebuilt it or swap the harness with the ecm....
Thx everyone ..
How did you repair...what ecm you use?

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
he hasn't been on this site in roughly 6 mths so you may want to pm him

1 - 14 of 14 Posts