S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not quite sure what to do with this information, but it may help someone someday in a search.

The Hooker BlackHeart transmission crossmember (71222019HKR) isn't bolt-in for a 2003 4.3/4L60E, as the transmission mount is about 1" too far rearwards. I've also read that I have the longer 4L60E bellhousing, so the difference is likely greater on earlier trucks. I plan on using the G Force GF-GMATM transmission mount to make up the difference: G Force GF-GMATM Adjustable GM Transmission Mount

This must also mean that the Hooker BlackHeart LS swap engine mounts move the transmission (and engine) rearwards.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,203 Posts
The 4l60E transmissions for the 4.3 and sbc engines are shorter than the LS variety. It's not just a longer bell housing, so it can't be swapped to the 4.3/sbc trans. I believe the engine mounts keep the transmission where it needs to be...with the LS 4L60E.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 4l60E transmissions for the 4.3 and sbc engines are shorter than the LS variety. It's not just a longer bell housing, so it can't be swapped to the 4.3/sbc trans. I believe the engine mounts keep the transmission where it needs to be...with the LS 4L60E.
That makes sense.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not quite sure what to do with this information, but it may help someone someday in a search.

The Hooker BlackHeart transmission crossmember (71222019HKR) isn't bolt-in for a 2003 4.3/4L60E, as the transmission mount is about 1" too far rearwards. I've also read that I have the longer 4L60E bellhousing, so the difference is likely greater on earlier trucks. I plan on using the G Force GF-GMATM transmission mount to make up the difference: G Force GF-GMATM Adjustable GM Transmission Mount

This must also mean that the Hooker BlackHeart LS swap engine mounts move the transmission (and engine) rearwards.
I found an issue with the G Force GF-GMATM transmission mount: it is too low, and the Hooker BlackHart spacer cannot be used due to the studs being welded in the lower half of the transmission mount. Luckily, I still have an old transmission spacer from JagsThatRun, and will be using this to get the specified transmission alignment (per Hooker, not JagsThatRun). S10-2wd-short-bed-short-cab-driveshaft-alignment-kit-for-4-cylinder-6-cylinder-and-v8

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the interest of being thorough, another minor issue I've run into is that the OEM exhaust hangers in front of the catalytic converter are not compatible with the Hooker BlackHeart transmission crossmember. I don't see any issues with removing these completely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts