S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 94 S-10 SS... yes thats right....the old OBD I with the nasty spider injection which they don't make an upgrade for.

Anyway, I just rebuilt the intake manifold complete. I stripped off upper and lower, had them vapor degreased and shot peened with AlO. I got the entire thing back together with a new nut kit and a new spider.

My question is, which way do I turn the distributor in order to advance/retard the timing?

Also, which should I do with the motor N/A?

The motor still seems a bit lacky from 2K to 3200 RPM and I'm guessing the timing is off by maybe 2 to 3 degrees. Anyone have any experience with this? The truck has a cone filter fitted direct on the throttle body, and a flowmaster 40 Series with side turnout attached to the stock cat (it has to go!)

Thanks for the help.

·
2,679 Posts
On Chevys without electronic advance:
Since the rotor turns clockwise, turnning the dizzy counterclockwise would advance it. That's if you dizzy will turn.

·
WHOO WHOOOO
1,255 Posts
I'm not sure if the CPI motors are the same but the 94 TBI I just built is set at +4 degrees base timing. They are set at 0 base timing from the factory and advancing it just a little seems to make for a much happier engine. Make sure to unplug that little brown wire behind the passenger kick panel before playing with the timing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts