S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a question about my 4.3 when i first start it up in the morning and she runs for a little when i go to get on the gas if i give it to much i noticed it bogs down? i dont understand why that is i was gunna seafoam it but i dont really know much about that and dont wanna screw it up worse then it is anyone have any thoughts on ether let me know much appreciated

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
how many miles, year of vehicle?

it could need something as simple as a tune up, plugs wires, cap/rotor, fuel filter.

does it ever run normal, like have full power?

WELCOME. the more info you can give the better it will help us. put yout vehicle info in your sig.

·
needs a cheeseburger
6,049 Posts
my 95 and my 2000 2.2 do it too.after it runs for like 2 mins it clears up and runs fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a 1998 4.3 s10 got about 160,000 on it and yes it runs with full power after a little bit i just did a tune up plugs and wires and exc. it usually just happens when the truck is cold and seems to happen only when shifting into second

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
i think mine (2001 4.3) kind of does the same thing..runs and idles fine but when you take off it'll bog out when it shifts into 2nd, and to make it stranger if you let it run for a little bit it shifts perfectly normal

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea thats exactly how it is bogs when it shifts to second but if i let it run a little its fine i dunno whats up

·
Wanna Play a Game?
823 Posts
throttle position sensor? MAF sensor? I had a 97 a while back do the same thing, it would shift into 2 and start to sputter and cough. I just put A LOT more foot into it one day and it backfired like three times and never did it again. I couldn't tell what it was but I was going to try a TPS or MAF sensor.

·
Twisted Toys Customs Club
37 Posts
could potentially be your catalytic converter is getting clogged. It would explain why after it warms up it seems to run better. What grade of fuel do you use ?? maybe try higher octane fuel for a cple weeks and see if it is running any better. Just a thought.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts