S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 4.3 Done!! :) :) :) :)

Ok here we go...

2000 4.3 Block. .030 over, balanced, forged low compression pistons, Bowl/Pocket/Gasket Match Ported and Polished factory heads with 2.02 1.60's cut into them, Blower Roller Cam and lifters and roller rockers, custom Ported intake, bored/polished throttle body, JBA ceramic headers, custom single 02 Y-pipe...

Bolted it up to the engine stand today, hooked up an ignition and a 40 series flowmaster, and fired it up....

OMG guys, this engine is AWESOME.. Has the sweetest cam lope ever.. runs like a built big block , sounds SWEET, and is very tight and very responsive. Kinda excited cause this is my first V6 built, and I did not expect this at all (in a good way).

Now I just need to find a nice blower (decided against the turbo... I think) and complete the custom EFI, then bolt it in. Putting in a 6 speed from a 99 Camaro with a centerforce clutch (that was pricey, but whatever) and a 12 bolt custom rear end (also VERY pricey).

I also just bought a 383 stroker carb to pan for $1800.00 so now Im lookin for another S10

·
I da numba wun tunda!
406 Posts
do 4.3 blocks have enough room for 4-bolt main caps?

·
Get Bent
6,156 Posts
Holy hell, nice.. I wanna see some pics!

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine is still in the shop and I will have pictures when I bring her home... I did however get my Turbocharger... It is a TO4S 60-1...

Attachments

·
WNYTrucks Creator
184 Posts
guhman2002 said:
I got my 4.3 Done!! :) :) :) :)

Ok here we go...

2000 4.3 Block. .030 over, balanced, forged low compression pistons, Bowl/Pocket/Gasket Match Ported and Polished factory heads with 2.02 1.60's cut into them, Blower Roller Cam and lifters and roller rockers, custom Ported intake, bored/polished throttle body, JBA ceramic headers, custom single 02 Y-pipe...

Bolted it up to the engine stand today, hooked up an ignition and a 40 series flowmaster, and fired it up....

OMG guys, this engine is AWESOME.. Has the sweetest cam lope ever.. runs like a built big block , sounds SWEET, and is very tight and very responsive. Kinda excited cause this is my first V6 built, and I did not expect this at all (in a good way).

Now I just need to find a nice blower (decided against the turbo... I think) and complete the custom EFI, then bolt it in. Putting in a 6 speed from a 99 Camaro with a centerforce clutch (that was pricey, but whatever) and a 12 bolt custom rear end (also VERY pricey).

I also just bought a 383 stroker carb to pan for $1800.00 so now Im lookin for another S10

Sweet jesus! This was exactly the setup ive been plannning for some time now. Nice to see all your work paid off. Keep us updated on how this performs

·
yes, that is a v6
2,628 Posts
guhman2002 said:
Ok here we go...

congrats sounds like a cool setup. what rods are you using? did you have the block converted to 4-bolt? stock crank? how much hp are you shooting for?

also noticed you said you decided to go with a supercharger but 4 hours later you post a pic of your turbo you just got in? thats a pretty quick turn around. where did you get the turbo?

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
s10ls said:
also noticed you said you decided to go with a supercharger but 4 hours later you post a pic of your turbo you just got in? thats a pretty quick turn around. where did you get the turbo?
"5 finger discount" from the shop :D

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was searching the "Blowers and Bottles" forum and saw sy-clones post aabout his turbonoma nad it just looked SO BEAUTIFUL I couldnt resist... I got the turbo from SSAutoChrome.

The rods are forged H-BEAM (probably not necessary, but Im not taking chances), and it is the stock crank, BUT my uncle got a hold of it so its machined a little bit :) .. Ill ask him what he did and get back to you about the crank.

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My dad isnt paying for anything thank you... I've kept a solid job for 2 years now for this truck so now I am getting my self along, only thing my dad bought were my floormats.

With all machine work and parts Im at about 8,000.

·
No S-Series... Just a GTO
11,225 Posts
guhman2002 said:
My dad isnt paying for anything thank you... I've kept a solid job for 2 years now for this truck so now I am getting my self along, only thing my dad bought were my floormats.

With all machine work and parts Im at about 8,000.
Right.. No offense and more power to you if the parents paid.. But $8,000 plus cost of truck at 16=No focking way doggie. Sorry.

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wunna bet, before you go calling me a bitch and sayin no way at 16, ponder this..

At the age of 13 I bought a 1980 Plyouth Volare Road Runner (1 of 496 in the WORLD) for $500.00 needed restored bad.
At 14 I had enough saved to buy the 360 from a guy in northern ohio for $375.00. My uncle bored/stroked/hot tanked/ ported/ and rebuilt my 360 for $500.00 (only charged me parts) 360 was built with Forged Speed Pro Pistons, 284 duration Purple Shaft MP Cam, Eddlebrock Intake and Carb and MP/MSD ignition. Saving money once again, I bought all the little things that the car needed (interior work, drivetrain components, exhaust etc.... By 15 and a half (age I got my temps) I had the volare almost restored (still needed body work and paint). At this time my brother owned my truck and was thinkin about getting rid of it.. Also at this time I got my Job that I still have. I decided to sell the volare without getting it painted and I got $5,000 for it which I immediately put in the bank. Finally after about 6 months (I was a little over 16) my brother sold me his truck.. I paid off his lean with a loan from my bank ($3500.00). Now At 16 and a half I have been saving all my money from my job, which I am using to work on this truck...
So just because I know how to manage money better than you doesnt mean you have to call me a lying doggy, Im not lying and I will have plenty of pictures to show for my money spent.

Heres some pictures of the volare I took before selling it.

Attachments

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, looks like we live in the same area.. SW Ohio .. maybe Ill have to prove some stuff to you first hand.

·
No S-Series... Just a GTO
11,225 Posts
guhman2002 said:
Wunna bet, before you go calling me a bitch and sayin no way at 16, ponder this..

At the age of 13 I bought a 1980 Plyouth Volare Road Runner (1 of 496 in the WORLD) for $500.00 needed restored bad.
At 14 I had enough saved to buy the 360 from a guy in northern ohio for $375.00. My uncle bored/stroked/hot tanked/ ported/ and rebuilt my 360 for $500.00 (only charged me parts) 360 was built with Forged Speed Pro Pistons, 284 duration Purple Shaft MP Cam, Eddlebrock Intake and Carb and MP/MSD ignition. Saving money once again, I bought all the little things that the car needed (interior work, drivetrain components, exhaust etc.... By 15 and a half (age I got my temps) I had the volare almost restored (still needed body work and paint). At this time my brother owned my truck and was thinkin about getting rid of it.. Also at this time I got my Job that I still have. I decided to sell the volare without getting it painted and I got $5,000 for it which I immediately put in the bank. Finally after about 6 months (I was a little over 16) my brother sold me his truck.. I paid off his lean with a loan from my bank ($3500.00). Now At 16 and a half I have been saving all my money from my job, which I am using to work on this truck...
So just because I know how to manage money better than you doesnt mean you have to call me a lying doggy, Im not lying and I will have plenty of pictures to show for my money spent.

Heres some pictures of the volare I took before selling it.
Money better than me? Do you know what i drive?

Im not here to argue.. Point is, you probably had a lot of help.. And thats fine. If you can just run to the store and buy a turbo for the hell of it, you have some help.

I live in between Cincy and Dayton. Anytime youd want to meet up is cool with me.

And not one time did I call you a "lying doggy".. I have no clue where you came up with that sh*t.

·
I da numba wun tunda!
406 Posts
we all still dont know if the block is 4-bolt or not though ...
is it possible to 4-bolt a 4.3 block?

1 - 20 of 233 Posts