S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 s10 with the 4.3. I just need some advice on the 4 wheel drive system. The transfer case engages really smoothly and the drive shaft spins, but when I take it in the grass, the rear tires spin and there’s no action at the front. I have taken a look at the vacuum actuator under the battery and the line that runs from it to the transfer case and they seem like they’re in good shape too. I think my problem might be the cable running from the actuator to the front axle because it hardly moves at all when I try to pull it by hand. Also where the cable meets the differential there’s a crack in that plastic piece that holds the cable.I am having a hard time figuring out what’s up with it because all the equipment is under the battery and the battery has to be hooked up to start the truck, so I can’t get a good look at everything. I was just hoping I could get some wisdom from folks who know what they’re doing. Thanks!

· Been there Done it
16,225 Posts
This thread in the stickies at the beginning of this section of the forum will explain how the vacuum part of the front axle works.
This one will explain the mechanical part of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts