S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3.73 gears in my truck. I was thinking about putting in 4.10 gears. What do you all think?????

·
Registered
6 Posts
What model do you have? I have a 95 auto with 3.42 gears, iam thinking of going to a3.73 or a 4.10. But i am concerned that the fuel shut off would kick in at 78 or 88mph instead of 98 mph. 4.10 would be a rocket inthe 1/4 mile, but might wind on the highway.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you do alot of highway, forget it if mileage is a concern. It'll KILL it. If you got a 4 cyl or an auto (or both), I'd say go for it. Otherwise, I think money can be spent elsewhere.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
I had 4.10s but got rid of them for 3.73s, they were too much for me, would always break the tires loose and I use the truck for long drives so the 3.73s were the better way to go. It may be ok for your application tho because youre not pushing as much power..

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
I'm debating on whether to get 4.10's or 4.56's. I really want 4.56 gears but I already have 4.10s in my front axle im putting in the truck. BTW I will be running 35" tires, I think 4.10's might be a little too slow of a gear for a 2wd with small diameter tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts