S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lets hope so!!! Awhile back I ordered a JL 500.1V2 off a Ebay store and waited and waited and you guessed it, waited.... 3 weeks go by and no amp. I email him about the second week in and he says its on its way should be here in a few days I tell him to screw himself at the 3 week mark and he refunds my money.... thats attempt #1. attempt #2...... another ebay store 30.00 more but I called him first and he has them in stock ready to ship asap!! right? wrong!!!! another liar!! (I Hate Liars) 1 week goes by no amp 14 buisness days later after emailing him everyday after day 7, I tell him that I am opening disputes with PayPal and Ebay.... finally he gets back to me and says he had 2 but someone bought em up before I did!! I paid with Paypal the minute we got off the phone!!! he emailed me that he sent it out later that day!! so... here I sit with no boom..... Online Car Stereo is my last shot at this amp at a reduced price... if not I will have to pay some shops outrageous cost for what I want..... if anyone has any other shops to get it from should OCS should fall through Id greatly appreciate it. Thanks for listening I will stop bitching now....

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,045 Posts
Ive had absolutely NO complaints with my 500/1v2 or 1000/1v2. Excelent performing amps incredible clarity... Try a JL dealer, spend the money get a warranty, although I have yet to harm a single JL amp, and I beat them up pretty hard...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
never hear anything negative about them... cant believe 2 people refer to them as junk!! im open to suggestions, i dont know everything I just act like it sometimes!

·
Used to Lay body on 26's
3,199 Posts

·
NO REGRETS
12,378 Posts
try your local JL dealer. i was looking for another 500/1 (v1) to match my other amp when my box gets built. they had a display model in the back, and i got it for $275, with a warranty still

·
Used to Lay body on 26's
3,199 Posts
so tell me about these sundown amps.... I am clueless as you can tell.

Sundown amps are actually good amps, they are not well known now but im sure in the future they will be with how they are rising. BUT ive never found a sundown amp as cheap as i have other amps that are around the same specifications. ALTHOUGH they are very dependable stable amps, mostly being used right now in DB Drag comps and SPL based comps, because they have some good mono channel amps out there that are strong and quite frankly just good all around in all aspects.
Same thing with Cactus sounds amplifiers, Digital Designs amps(Very good amps, rock solid at the lowest of ohm loads)I run their products personally, and have for years.

As of right now IMO the Stetsom amps are the TOP OF LINE amps in the world as far as specs is considered as well as power, reliability and everything else EXCEPT PRICE. LOL they are EXPENSIVE and hard to find. The DD amps are 2nd IMO, then Sundowns amps and then everything else.

But i would say unless your serious about your car audio and can shell out a decent bit of cash for a better product than JL's hyped up line of equipment, i dont suggest getting off mainstream equipment.

I mean world record holders in multiple classes are not using JL audio, they are using Digital Designs, Sundown Audio, Cactus Sounds and other NOT mainstream brands. But thats because alot of these products from these companies have something to prove, UNLIKE a well established company that relies more on their name to sell their products. Because of popularity.

Also check this site out as well decent reviews on products by a well established SPL competitor World renown for being loud as hell.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/lofiversion/index.php/f108.html

This si my amplifier as of now, DD Z2. no longer in production by DD and there really isnt a whole lot of them floating around. Good amplifier strong as a MO FO. Crazy big and crazy loud. BTW I have a few more batts than just that one in the rear lol.
WHORE TIME...Click it for a picture...
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p152/MCarmer84/08%20CAR%20SHOWS/Scrapin%20the%20coast%202008/DSCN1153.jpg

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ thats how you post some help^^^^^^^^^^^^
not slamming name brands and pretty much telling it like it is... i was waiting for someone like this to come along and say something intuitive and not negative!! thanks alot I will look at that site and you may have just swayed me from buying the one amp I have tried to buy online for almost 3 months now!! I am not entering any db drags or and other dragqueen shows you speak of but I do like having nice stuff!! and quality, durability and performance means more to me than a name brand. thanks again
p.s. dont mention too much about the dragqueen thing.... people might not be so accepting....
LOL
thanks again.

OH yeah... nice Fn Avy!!!

·
Used to Lay body on 26's
3,199 Posts
dragqueen...uhhh no thanks this is the dragging i know and love now. As far as Db Drag i used to mess around with it but truthfully its loud but not tuned and ready for competition like i used to do. its alot of looks and alot of noise now basically lol. 7500 watts of Fury.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice! coulda bought one when they first came out on my dads discount from GM but decided against it.... Thanks for the help.

·
Used to Lay body on 26's
3,199 Posts
no prob, all i can say is RESEARCH everything you buy, it just makes it easier when you do buy something then you know how it works, what to look for and everything else that comes along with using it, so you cna use it more proficiently and make it last a long time or until you sell it for something newer and better.

GL bro.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts