S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, before I get a bunch of replies that I've put this in the wrong sections...hear me out.

The lower latch is seized on my 01 LS third door. How do I get to it to fix it or unseize it without damaging it.

I looked in the how to's but didn't see anything

Thanks guys,

Mark

·
Registered
479 Posts
pretty sure you can take the panel off those while the doors closed, then just start spraying wd40 or something in there and working at it I guess.

·
PhilBuilt Customs
2,370 Posts
Mine did that a few years back. I sprayed as much WD-40 as I could, then just reefed on it. And I mean really, really reefed on it. Once I got it open, I sanded all the rust off, repainted, and reassembled.

·
Blu N' Primer...
2,161 Posts
Ok, before I get a bunch of replies that I've put this in the wrong sections...hear me out.
I wasn't tryin to be rude man! Just trying to guide you to a spot where u would get better info. Was only tryin to help

But with the latch I pulled off the interior panel and like Phil said soak it in wd40 and pull for you're life to open it. I have also seen the linkages break too, but thought it was the latch.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasn't tryin to be rude man! Just trying to guide you to a spot where u would get better info. Was only tryin to help

But with the latch I pulled off the interior panel and like Phil said soak it in wd40 and pull for you're life to open it. I have also seen the linkages break too, but thought it was the latch.
Hey no problem...BNB

Thanks guys, top latch releases just lower seems to be holding. Just wasn't sure how hard I could pull on it. I'll try looking to pull the interior panel off and see what I can find.

thanks
Mark

·
Need to DO WORK son
8,571 Posts
Your a big jerk Brandon :haha: :haha:

Oh and if anyone wants to be nice, send me a 3rd door handle, mine has been broken since 2 yrs ago :D

·
Registered
479 Posts

Oh and if anyone wants to be nice, send me a 3rd door handle, mine has been broken since 2 yrs ago :D
Settle down Babyface!

Oh and I wouldnt recomend reefing on it, the handles break easy...unless he means reef on the linkage, then have at 'er. lol

·
Registered
479 Posts
And Innis, I heard new ones are only like $25, if not ebay sells for like $10 plus shipping

·
Blu N' Primer...
2,161 Posts

I know!!! I'm barley on here anymore but I've still got the same reputation! :haha:

·
PhilBuilt Customs
2,370 Posts
Settle down Babyface!

Oh and I wouldnt recomend reefing on it, the handles break easy...unless he means reef on the linkage, then have at 'er. lol
I meant the whole door. Mine was partially unlatched at the bottom, fully at the top. Reefing on it forced the bottom open.

Aluminum 3rd door handle FTW, btw.

·
Need to DO WORK son
8,571 Posts
And Innis, I heard new ones are only like $25, if not ebay sells for like $10 plus shipping
New from the dealer they are like 70$ and Im too lazy to go on ebay, so much easier for someone to just send me one hahaha

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I got the aluminum one for twenty bucks or something like that.

When mine was stuck shut. Did the same as every body else. Spray it down. Let it sit a bit. Then pull like a mother ****er. After getting it open. Took the latch out cleaned it up. Haven't had a problem since. But as said above you really gotta pull on the door to get It to pop

·
Need to DO WORK son
8,571 Posts
Ya I'll buy a handle at some point this winter, need to be able to open the door at some point

1 - 13 of 13 Posts