S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ohhhh yeahhhhh
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to the air suspension world. and im trying to learn, so i can do my own air ride. but this may be a dumb question but. whats the difference between a 3 link? 5 link? etc. are there any pros and cons between the two? thanks guys

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
rrray88sdime said:
im new to the air suspension world. and im trying to learn, so i can do my own air ride. but this may be a dumb question but. whats the difference between a 3 link? 5 link? etc. are there any pros and cons between the two? thanks guys
i have the three link. I went with the bag behind and under axle setup with slam re8's. Im happy with the lift and ride i get, especially considering that i have no shocks in the rear. However, you will get the most lift and best ride with a 5 link. What it really boils down to is.... how much you wanna spend?

·
Gone but not forgotten
5,882 Posts
The 3 link consist of the wishbone ( the triangle lookin thing ) and two lower bars that connect to the stock spring hangars already on your truck. They have to be moved but you get the idea.. Theres a bridge you have to attach in between your notches which will give you a place to bolt up your bag and attach it too the axle , or right behind the axle.

The 5 link is the same as a 3 link w/ 2 extra bars that go from the very rear crossmember of the truck to the axle w/ the bags on those to get you some more lift. Its got some more parts to it.. and thats sort of a vague description .. but hope it helps

·
ohhhh yeahhhhh
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help guys. but if im gonna bag my truck. i dont need or want any sick set up. something good, but not cheap to fo front back and side side. ive been seeing this FBSS system for 999.95 in mini truckin and it looks good(but i dont know much) and then i was gonna get a 3 or 5 link. i have about 1600 to spend. any thoughts on that? thanks again

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
rrray88sdime said:
thanks for the help guys. but if im gonna bag my truck. i dont need or want any sick set up. something good, but not cheap to fo front back and side side. ive been seeing this FBSS system for 999.95 in mini truckin and it looks good(but i dont know much) and then i was gonna get a 3 or 5 link. i have about 1600 to spend. any thoughts on that? thanks again
1600 would be anough to get the front done and then a 2 link in the rear.

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
Listen to these people!

Just go 5-link. Between the 3-link itslef, a bridge kit, a pair of airbags, and a pair of shocks, you're looking at roughly $800-900 or so, where as a 5-link is only a little bit more and SO MUCH more worth it. There is nothing in the world wrong with a 3-link, but when you can pay a little bit more and get better ride and better lift, do it!

Now after saying this you may ask why I still went with a 3-link. I did that because I got mine second hand from a friend and was given a notch by another friend, so it was just cheaper to go that route.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts