S-10 Forum banner

3D-Printable '92-'94 Blazer Cupholder Insert

4K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  orrprosegaming 
#1 · (Edited)
I got tired of buying drinks for my passenger floorboard, so I had a guy at work 3D scan my cupholder and I designed an insert that allows it to hold cups.

I believe this console was only in '92-'94 S10 Blazers/Jimmys, but I may be wrong. If you have one, you know what I mean. It can hold either a soda can if you wedge it in the bottom, or a Gatorade bottle, but pretty much nothing in between. I daily my Blazer, so after dumping 2-3 full drinks when I forgot to hold onto them around a mild curve, I had enough. I wanted a visually appealing solution since my interior is in nice shape, so I designed it to slide into the cupholder and conform fairly closely to the edges of the openings. It's essentially an extension of the inner rings of the cupholders, sloping outward at an angle that fits several different medium/large fast-food cups I measured as well as cans.

I haven't done a test print yet, but it is designed in a way to print fairly easily. It will definitely have to be something like PETG or ABS with a higher melting point to stand up to high summer interior temps, PLA would warp quickly. I wanted to go ahead and post this though, in case anyone has any suggestions/requests for the design like using different sized holes, etc.

I'll probably post it on Thingiverse for free download, but I'll also see about putting it up on shapeways or something where you can order it to be printed if you don't have access to a printer
Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Synthetic rubber Bumper
Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Audio equipment Jewellery Gadget

Edit: You can now download the stl on Thingiverse to print one yourself! Chevy S10 Blazer Cupholder Insert
Am still planning on uploading it to a printing service so you can pay to have one printed for you if you don't have access to a 3D printer. Thanks everyone for the interest.

See less See more
#5 ·
Have you considered a softer or pliable material like TPA? Would make it more like a rubber liner similar to how GM does nowadays than a plastic insert.
Yeah, I don’t have any flexible filament on hand, but that would probably be ideal. Would need to look at melting point. Also, you need a printer with a direct drive extruder to print flexible material cleanly which I don’t have access to, but I may end up buying a spool to try out on my Ender3 V2.

#4 ·
I got tired of buying drinks for my passenger floorboard, so I had a guy at work 3D scan my cupholder and I designed an insert that allows it to hold cups.

I believe this console was only in '92-'94 S10 Blazers/Jimmys, but I may be wrong. If you have one, you know what I mean. It can hold either a soda can if you wedge it in the bottom, or a Gatorade bottle, but pretty much nothing in between. I daily my Blazer, so after dumping 2-3 full drinks when I forgot to hold onto them around a mild curve, I had enough. I wanted a visually appealing solution since my interior is in nice shape, so I designed it to slide into the cupholder and conform fairly closely to the edges of the openings. It's essentially an extension of the inner rings of the cupholders, sloping outward at an angle that fits several different medium/large fast-food cups I measured as well as cans.

I haven't done a test print yet, but it is designed in a way to print fairly easily. It will definitely have to be something like PETG or ABS with a higher melting point to stand up to high summer interior temps, PLA would warp quickly. I wanted to go ahead and post this though, in case anyone has any suggestions/requests for the design like using different sized holes, etc.

I'll probably post it on Thingiverse for free download, but I'll also see about putting it up on shapeways or something where you can order it to be printed if you don't have access to a printer
View attachment 367759 View attachment 367760
Hey! Great job! I bought one of those console inserts in 1993 for my 1986 and one for my brother for his 88 S15 Had we known they were worthless cupholders , we would have saved $14 a piece. They do hold a can of Copenhagen ok though.
You came up with them a month late for me. I just replaced my original console with an aftermarket one just because the new one has great cupholders. (And because it was on the clearance isle at Walmart for $8.94).

#13 · (Edited)
Got the first test print done and made some revisions, here’s where I ended up:
Light Motor vehicle Vehicle Food Drink
Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering part Fixture

The part that sits in the side cutout is at the wrong angle so it doesn’t quite conform to the side, but my feature tree for the model is a delicate jenga tower with all the jank surface modeling involved so not sure I care enough to fix it lol

I also modeled & printed a trim piece for the rear door window trim:
Automotive lighting Hood Grille Automotive design Motor vehicle

Would you pay for either of these items? Debating on whether or not I want to just put em out there for free download or make a few bucks off em through a 3D-printing service or print/ship em myself

#18 ·
Thanks! I actually tried to match the color as close as I could but it's hard just going off of a picture. With no glare on it from the sun it's actually quite close.

I'd consider buying them since I don't have a printer. But for now my funds are tied up putting a motor in my 94 blazer and everything has been going into it. But they both look really good.
I can certainly relate😅 I've put twice the money into my blazer than I had planned to this soon. Labor of love

i bet you could easily get $30 for the cupholders
Thanks for the advice! I don't consider most 3D-printed parts finished, sellable products but with obscure stuff like this it's pretty much as good as you're gonna get without retrofitting new cupholders. I think $30 seems about right.

I made a few more revisions and did a reprint at full resolution, and I'm happy with how it ended up other than the side bits being at a slight wrong angle as I mentioned previously. I put it through a torture test this week - I did a U-turn through a bumpy median cut-through, crossed a very rough train track & a few potholes, and took some hard turns and the cups didn't budge:
Light Drinkware Kitchen appliance Soft drink Liquid

With that I'd say they have my stamp of approval. I'll start looking at putting them up for sale in the next few days.

#23 ·
I have planned to put them up for sale for a long time, but I wanted to make a few final revisions (the holes are just barely too small for bottles & yeti tumblers, so I’m going to make them a bit bigger) and just haven’t ever got around to it. I’ll move that up my priority list and throw a few on ebay - I’m also going to look around at 3D printing services so I don’t have to print them all myself if more orders start rolling in.

I’m about to go on a 2 week work trip to Alaska so I probably won’t have them finished until I get back, but I’ll update here when I do. Thanks for the interest!

#25 ·

This is awesome and is exactly what I've been looking for!

I happened to just luck upon this forum looking for some help with this exact thing! I have a relative that just got a '94 Blazer. Is there any chance of you emailing me the .stl file so that I could make this for her? It would be a great birthday present!

Thank you in advance

#26 ·
This is awesome and is exactly what I've been looking for!

I happened to just luck upon this forum looking for some help with this exact thing! I have a relative that just got a '94 Blazer. Is there any chance of you emailing me the .stl file so that I could make this for her? It would be a great birthday present!

Thank you in advance
Thanks to your reply I finally got around to finalizing the model and uploading it to Thingiverse. You can download it here

Make sure to upload a "make" of it on Thingiverse or drop some pics in here when you print one!