S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need some help from you experts here. I want to get a 94-97 S10. I am going to get one with a 4.3V6 and an AUTO trans. I would like to purchase a used/new/reconditioned 383 Stroker and either a TH-700-R4 or a Turbo 350 trans. Prolly one already hopped up from like Fear The Monster. Are there any other trannies to consider, I would like an automatic? What is the 4l60?

My biggest worry is how to wire everything up to the truck and I want it to pass emmissions. So what type of fuel system would I need. I want something easy also. What are the different types of fuel injection and could u explain the differences between each.
Carb would be fine if it'll pass emissions.

Also for the engine, Ill research building it up for power, I just need to know how to get it all hooked up to the S-10. Such as all this talk about computers/harnesses/ECM/ and other components.

Please help me out so we can all share in this V8 Conversion.
Thankx, Nick

·
Muppet Baby Member
4,261 Posts
uhm, I Forgot the Site, But theres a Raptor 700R4 thats upposedly bullet proof.. Ask Avtekk for the Website of "the raptor transmission" he should be able to hook u up.. looking at around 3 grand though.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
93 and older trucks can have whatever you want to put in them, Lee only makes parts for an LS1 swap in the 94-newer trucks, that is why they list it that way.
but in order to be emissions legal (technically) you would need an LT1, LS1, or Vortec V8 in a 94-newer truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts