S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just took my truck in for an estimate to get a steel roll pan welded in, shaved tailgate, and cadi lights installed (leaving it primered with no painting). The guy quoted me $3800 to do all of this. I seriously thought he was joking with me and started laughing. But he wasn't. I know this is way too expensive but I was wondering about how much this should cost. I was thinking more of like $1200. Just curiuos.

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
Hell, it cost that much to do a stock floor body Drop and the body drop is 3 times the work

·
work in progress
2,628 Posts
well im paying about a grand to get my tailgate painted, rollpan welded and painted and hood painted by a high quality shop. But then again i was origianlly going to have the tribal lights i had molded in to the pan and the stocks shaved and this guy wanted like 2500 for everything i mentioned above plus molding the new tails in. That does seem high for what you want though. Just remember though, when it comes to body work, you get what you pay for. Even if it costs a bit more, you will be happy getting it done right the first time.

·
Fully Bagged Member
334 Posts
Where you at in Tampa?? I know a guy thats gonna do some of my body work and set my bags up. He quoted me $1000 to shave the entire tailgate smooth.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
99xcab, i'm right near MacDill AFB. Does this guy do good work? I'm not afraid of paying money for quality work. I just don't want to get ripped. I think the guy giving me the quote only worked with top end show cars (50's buckets and muscle cars). He might have been just trying to tell me he didn't really want to waste his time with an S-10. Oh well. Hit me up or PM me 99xcab. I also want to bag my truck. How much is he quoting you for that?

·
Color Changin Member
1,375 Posts
Well, for a shop to do all of that it will be expensive no matter what. If you consider shops charge like $150 a door to shave the door in primer. That is if you supply the solenoid to pull the latch. $3800 seems steep, but not that steep. caddys are a TON of work. If you arent planning on doing it yourself then look at spending a lot of money. One guy in town got caddys put in for right around $1,000 a light.

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
If you have ever done caddy lights you would understand. It is alot of work. I probably wouldnt charge that much but it would be at least 2800. Ive done 2 full size trucks with caddys and it sucks major ass. The guy is just sayin that if he is gonna do it, it is going to be well worth his while. But if he is gonna charge that much It would definatly be done correctly. Thats just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really wish I could do it myself. I can't weld though. I know caddi's are a big pain in the ass to do, so I would just end up doing a s**tty job and paying someone more to fix my problem.

·
Registered
106 Posts
cost me 5 g's to get my bed done how it is, from a well known sacramento shop, they did the AFTERMARKET truck. Great work little pricey

·
Color Changin Member
1,375 Posts
Lown0ma got his done buy a buddy so he got a major hook up. Im going to attempt caddys and if I get to a point where I cant do it I will get a body shop to fix it. Most of the work will be done so it will be cheaper to fix.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
A buddy of mine bought a full cal combo with Supra lights in it. When he went to the body shop to get an estomate of what it would cost to have them do it, they said $1200 and that was with leaving the bed primered. When it comes to having shit welded and then bodywork it gets too damn expensive. Bodyshops are starting to get to be as bad as banks when it comes to ripping people off. We ended up doing the combo ourselves. Of course it didn't end up near as good as if the body shop would've done it, buy he saved $1200 in the long run.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
man prices are high out west, i priced my whole truck shaved (doors, 3rd brake, antenna, gas door, and caddy tails and everything repainted for 700.

and the guy told me he would go back over my tailgate where it was shaved.

·
Registered
355 Posts
On a 96 s-10, my friend got his tailgate welded in, doors, gas door, 3rd brake light, antenna, all shaved, all the dings and dents takin out, and whole truck painted in tangerine orange here in texas and it was 3 grand. That also included parts though too, so that price they were giving ya sounds a little steep. Ya will prop see it at next years texas heat wave!!! OH yeah!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts