S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 s10 with the CPI engine and a 5 speed. My truck is acting like it has a redline at 3700 rpm's when driving but if I stick the clutch in and rev it it will rev all the way to 5500. What is the deal here? My only guess is fuel pump. I changed my fuel filter about 2000 miles ago. I cleaned the injectors last night and flushed the engine. Any ideas guys?

·
loco hombre
3,461 Posts
interesting. Sounds like it is chugging a bit under load. Checked the CPI for leaks? How's your mileage? That can be another telltale sign of leaky CPI..

·
S10 *****'s Youth Pastor
679 Posts
My Blazer is doing the same thing. I can rev it fine in neutral, but under a load it doesn't want to rev very well. I found out that my converter is clogged. Now I've just gotta take the time to gut it. Good Luck.

·
Banned
2,361 Posts
bingo, go start your truck, get out and go to the tailpipe, put your hand close as you can to the exhuast tip and you should feel alot of pressure coming out, if all you feel is heat, your cat is clogged. sometimes you might still have pressure tho even if your cat is clogged. if you smell rotten eggs out of your exhuast or your cat is making a rattling sound then its your cat. only way to find out is unbolt your exhuast where it meets the manifold, drive it and see if it goes past 3700 rpm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts