S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 83 s10 that was swapped with a carburated 350. It has the 2 vacuum lines coming from the carburetor spliced like 3 ways to go to the transmission, the 4x4 balloon, and the vacuum reservoir. I would like to know how the vacuum is supposed to be properly ran so that when I fix it it will be correct. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,683 Posts
Moved to V8 Discussion.

Please post in the section that best fits your question .

·
Been there Done it
9,214 Posts
IIRC 1 hose would go directly to the vacuum modulator of the TH350. I'm guessing that's what trans you have as the 700r4 didn't need vacuum. The other goes to the reservoir and the line out of the reservoir has a tee in it. With one hose going to the 4wd actuator by the battery and the other connecting to a tube which goes inside for the heater controls.
Be sure neither is connected to ported vacuum at the carb. Ported won't have vacuum at idle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IIRC 1 hose would go directly to the vacuum modulator of the TH350. I'm guessing that's what trans you have as the 700r4 didn't need vacuum. The other goes to the reservoir and the line out of the reservoir has a tee in it. With one hose going to the 4wd actuator by the battery and the other connecting to a tube which goes inside for the heater controls.
Be sure neither is connected to ported vacuum at the carb. Ported won't have vacuum at idle.
Thank you very much. This is much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts