S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone new about putting a 350 small block in an s10? if it fits without cutting anything out what gears would be needed and anything else that would be helpful, thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you have an 87 or older, you may have to chamfer the driver frame rail for exhaust clearance. If it is an 88 or newer, you don't have to do anything to the frame. It is a pretty simple swap. Depends on the trans on what rear gears you use. Check out our site to see how mine went in. Ask any other questions you may have. Make them specific so I can give you to the point answers. http://www.chevroletpower.cz28.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
some of them u do some u dont i have heard many things plus the conversoin parts cant be made the same every time b/c of craftsman ship but u will be bestoff with transdapt motor mounts and frame mounts a 1989 covette rattator will fit were u needit to and your stock driveshaft will fit if you using yor stock 700 trans(if u had a later 80s model s dime) or 350 turbo the s dime rears are small iv found out that the ford expolore rear pumpkin is off set to the passenger side and not safe or good to use cuting down a rear or buying new or used built up would be best depending on power and appliction transdapt trasmission crosmebers are not direct boltin

any other qeastions [email protected]

MIKE TENNEY

·
Come out and plaaaaaaay!
522 Posts
iv found out that the ford expolore rear pumpkin is off set to the passenger side and not safe or good to use
How do you figure that the 8.8 isn't safe to use as is? Its barely offset to the drivers side....not enough to make any difference really.

Go to v8s10.org for the best info JohnnyP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am putting a 350 in my 96 sonoma and we havent had to cut anything out but we did put in a new transmission, drive shaft and we put in a bigger radiator

·
V8.cuz.big.girls.cant.run
1,235 Posts
the ford 8.8 is completely safe and one of the easiest/best axle swaps out there. And i also went with the vette rad and did the transdapt motor mounts.

·
takes 2 balls in our game
5,666 Posts
It all depends on who is putting the motor in. What exaust you are using, what mounts, where you are putting the motor....Can it be done without cutting or hammering anything?YES!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts