S-10 Forum banner

Based solely on dependablility and longevity which is the best engine ?

• LS 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
yessir, not attacking anyone in here. have stated multiple times, I like old stuff and new stuff, and for what it's worth, I own both. The SBC platform is a tried and trued set up, but in reality, it is outdated. It can still run with the boys, but you will make more reliable power with an LS. GM engineers completely redesigned the SBC and came up with the LS. Just like the corvette went to mid engine, at some point in time, they realized, the corvette had reached it's limit. Same with the SBC/BBC platforms. If you want to learn about the LS, there are plenty of us in here that can help you out. All the chinese electrical parts work fine for millions of engines out there currently. And for what it's worth, imagine how nice that el camino of yours would be with an overdrive and an extra three or four hundred ponies, AC and 20 plus MPGs that you could drive across the country and stop at any gas station for fuel.
Again, no hate, no harm, no foul, we are all here to help each other, and that is what makes our country great.
Rock On...

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
yessir, not attacking anyone in here. have stated multiple times, I like old stuff and new stuff, and for what it's worth, I own both. The SBC platform is a tried and trued set up, but in reality, it is outdated. It can still run with the boys, but you will make more reliable power with an LS. GM engineers completely redesigned the SBC and came up with the LS. Just like the corvette went to mid engine, at some point in time, they realized, the corvette had reached it's limit. Same with the SBC/BBC platforms. If you want to learn about the LS, there are plenty of us in here that can help you out. All the chinese electrical parts work fine for millions of engines out there currently. And for what it's worth, imagine how nice that el camino of yours would be with an overdrive and an extra three or four hundred ponies, AC and 20 plus MPGs that you could drive across the country and stop at any gas station for fuel.
Again, no hate, no harm, no foul, we are all here to help each other, and that is what makes our country great.
Rock On...
Can you please quit slamming on me, the admin said drop it, and I agree can we drop it ? You say your not attacking me but your trying to tell me what to do with my El....... it's my choice. I don't like Chinese junk parts and sensing sensor engines and you do I get it, please drop it, I wish the admin would lock this thread, you guys are never getting my goat again. I am going back to helping people, please leave me alone.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.