S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it is finally in now just to put tranny in and hook up everything. fits well. shoulda came that way.

·
Registered
344 Posts
oxsign said:
Ummm, pix??? :rolleyes:
unless he did a lot of firewall work i bet he will be pullin it again. Cause i have yet to be able to pull/install my tranny while the engine is in.

·
Registered
103 Posts
need4speed2345 said:
unless he did a lot of firewall work i bet he will be pullin it again. Cause i have yet to be able to pull/install my tranny while the engine is in.
That's how I did it. (engine 1st) then the tranny. I put the truck on ramps, tilted the front of the engine up w/ a hoist. But I needed help lifting the tranny into position before sliding the TC on. No fire wall mods at all.

·
i dont have feelings
519 Posts
i could slide my trans in/out if i lowered the tail housing by removing the back crossmember... owch! twisted motor mounts!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cronos said:
i could slide my trans in/out if i lowered the tail housing by removing the back crossmember... owch! twisted motor mounts!
Yeah, I have AWD, and I replaced the 4L60E with 700R4 then swaped the transfer case. Removing the crossmember was a must.
Just use your cherry picker as a third motor mount, it will want to fwd. And once the tranny is on, support the tail housing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts